1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Boy in Love with his Possibly Gay Best Friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by sweetprince, Mar 17, 2015.

1. sweetprince

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have had this friend for 3 years and just recently we have started to become extremely close. In the past we would hang out occasionally and text every now and then but it never went further than that. We went to high school together for two years, and sometimes we couldn't stand each other but that seems forever ago. Almost like it never happened. Anyway, we've gotten really close lately and we try to see each other as much as possible and after two months of texting and talking each day he told me he loved me. I didn't know how to react because I was scared if I told him that I had started to fall in love with him it would make him not want to be my friend any longer. We continued talking and our relationship has became quite physical. We cuddle next to each other when I go over to his house and he always rubs my hair and plays with it and sometimes he lays his head against my chest and snoozes, and I do the same to him. We have never really addressed what we are to one another and I'm scared to. We always tell each other goodnight and he even calls me his sweet prince. He says he is straight around his other friends but and won't act the way around them he does around me. And he acts like he is scared to show he is too close to me when we're around certain people. I'm really wondering whether or not he is gay though because he fits the bill and has always acted quite feminine around me in certain ways. I mean he loves musicals and is terribly well groomed. I'm not meaning to dwell on stereotypes or anything I'm just saying. Sometimes when we cuddle we'll look at each other and kind of gaze at each other and he always has this look in his eyes and sometimes I really want to go ahead and try to kiss him but I'm scared to. I don't want to lose him and at this point I can't see me living without him. I just wish I could figure out whether he is gay or just bi-curious or something. He has dated girls in the past but hasn't had much luck. What should I do?

2. Cesar123

Hey sweet prince! So from what I just read he is definitely gay / bisexual. Without a doubt, no curiosity or experimenting. The reason I know this is because he has confessed that he is in love with you. From what I read also, I picked up that you have feeling for this man as well, which is why you are so concerned about losing him.
    The circling issue here that is stifling your relationship is that both of you are in the beginning stages of coming out / discovering your sexual orientation. I can assure you that he would very much like more intimacy but in same way you are afraid of losing him by taking that step forward, he is to. This relationship can be quite complex and you will experience quite a lot ( a lot of good but some bad days ) through it. Rarely do I ever see two men go through this same process while starting and imitate relationship with each other. Its usually one is closeted and one is out or they are both out.
    To make this work, I would suggest starting slow and exploring both your comfort zones. Communication is key here. I would also suggest you keep your sexual orientation and discovering it separate from the relationship. The reason, I say this is because your sexual orientation would entail an entire group of people - not just him. If you begin to associate you sexual orientation with him than it will further confuse you later in life and complicate things more within the relationship.
    As for the relationship. Like I said, do not rush things. The same way you are trying to find yourself in this - he is also. You might need pioneer some bold moves if you wish this to progress - such as kissing him - but you must also recognize that if he takes that move to not be surprised or make him inadequate or inferior for doing it. This does not mean if you are not prepared for that move to let it happen, it means communicating with your partner about what you are experience.
    Continue to post here and/or message me! We would love to help you come to terms with your sexuality and/or progress your relationship.

~Keep in touch :slight_smile:

3. sweetprince

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you so much! I really needed help with this because I was really confused and I've never been with anyone or been in love with anyone before. He sort of told me earlier that he might be bisexual so we're definitely making progress. :slight_smile:

4. Cesar123

Do you consider your self a bisexual as well? I understand you are still questioning but where do think you are leaning on here?

5. sweetprince

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think I'm gay, but at the same time I have dated women but I never felt anything. I'm not sure really. He is the first person I've ever really fallen in love with, and I don't know how to proceed. We talked today about being gay and I told him that I wasn't sure I was entirely straight and that I didn't want to say I couldn't possibly be attracted to men. He said he thinks he is bisexual, but we haven't really made it out to one another what we think our relationship is yet. I'm scared that we both are scared to act out of fear of being rejected. He told me he loved me, and we tell each other we love each other every now and then but I'm never sure of it because he seems to change the subject quickly afterwards. I might talk to him about all this when I see him this weekend. I'm just scared to act too fast because I don't want this to end. We've been getting closer and closer for a few months now and I think it might be time I make my feelings known to him.

6. robclem21

I think you should go for it. He's told you he is bisexual, he's told you he loves you, and he cuddles with you and strokes your hair. At this point, I think it would be impossible for you two to maintain a strong long-term friendship because of the feelings you likely have for each other. I think the risk of getting rejected here is extremely low and since you have already come out to each other, I think you should at least bring up the subject that you have feelings for him.

7. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As long as you two are honest with each other, you should be okay even if you have to hid your relationship from some people. But, that can't last forever. You have to make progress because it is too easy for someone to get cold feet and then start clamming up. So, try to find things you two can do together away from prying eyes.

Don't be scared about things ending. Be kind to yourself and know this is not your one shot at love. It's far better for you to try and fail (separating on amicable terms) than to never try at all and live with regrets.

8. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Awe... mien fuzzy bottomed hunk said I look at him with "gay eyes," by which he means I look like I'm in love with him when I look at him.

This so adorable. go for it, go for it, go for it... listen to what the previous posters have said. Go slow, you don't have to be in a rush for sex, relationships are far more than just sex.

When you do talk, be open and honest. You are questioning, you care about him, you are attracted to him, and he's your best friend. Oh, stop replaying things over and over in your head. He's getting close to you cause he wants to.

I had so many little anxieties last night while I was texting my boyfriend. I told him so, and just a bit later I said this...

We went on to talk about how he's supposed to tell people he has a boyfriend that is 2.94x his age... 21st century relationship issues.

My point is, talk, talk, talk. Be open about your fear, uncertainty, and doubts. EVERYONE HAS THEM. Do they like me? Do they still like me after I said that aweful thing? How could they possibly like me?

After 21 years in a rather silent marriage, I can tell you now, talking about your issues is THE FASTEST way of dealing with them honestly.

9. Foz

Foz Guest

That's soo cute! It makes me so happy to read stuff like this :slight_smile:

I can conclude your friend is not straight! Most likely he is still questioning or just not comfortable coming out yet. If I were you, I'd go to kiss him, not quite a full on pull but just on the cheek or lips. It is abundantly obvious that you both have strong feelings for each other.

10. sweetprince

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank all of you so much. I think he is scared of his own sexuality a bit and I just wish he'd be more open about it. I don't get to see him as much I would like because he is in college and I'm a senior in high school, but I'm hoping that changes after I graduate. I'm really not thinking about sex yet kindy14. Haha. I'm not sure when this is going to progress to that stage. I'll keep you guys posted though and I really appreciate everyone's comments. I actually watched a film last night that sort of reminded me of us.

11. TwoWays

Ahh! That's sweet! But I do think he is not straight, he told you he loves you! You'll probably make a really cute couple :slight_smile:

Hopefully it goes well! Definitely keep updating us! I know how you feel, it happened with my best friend and now he is my boyfriend. :grin: I really hope that it will be the same for you!

12. sweetprince

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So this is sort of an update! I'm supposed to see him sometime this weekend. Probably Sunday because he is seeing a friend tomorrow and I don't exactly like being around him when he's around our small group of friends anymore because he acts different around them and it hurts. Anyway I think if it comes to it I might try to tell him how I feel. Lately he has seemed very obsessed with the whole gay thing and always brings it up and then changes the subject quickly. Like I said earlier in the thread he told me he might be bisexual the other night, but I didn't take my chance to tell him my feelings because I'm never sure it's the right time, and he always giving me this vibe that even though he has feelings he still ISNT comfortable enough in is own skin. I feel like we were a lot closer when we first started talking than we are now and that really worries me. :/ Anyway I'll update you guys with how things go on Sunday night. Thanks!

13. sweetprince

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Now he seems to be ignoring me and acted like he didn't want to see me this weekend. I'm not sure why. :/ He seems to be really touchy about the gay thing lately and I'm starting to think he thinks I'm homophobic. I'm not though. This is so complicated.

14. banana1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family

now I am jealous :wink:

Maybe he had just a rough week...

15. sweetprince

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hope so. He finally texted me earlier but we argued and then I told him I love him and he said he always knew I did but he didn't say it back. I told him goodnight a little while ago but he hasn't said it back. I miss him terribly and I want to see him.

16. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Oh bae, don't fret so much. Everyone expects an answer back right this second on text. Both boyfriend and I have fallen asleep while we've texted each other.

You friend is having a hard time right, I'd back off on your own needs right now. At least until he's more comfortable expressing what his issues are.

17. sweetprince

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you so much. I do need to just leave him alone for a bit I suppose, it just hurts to and I start to miss talking to him. :frowning2:

18. sweetprince

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well today he finally told me why he had been so distant lately saying his parents were fighting. He's going away to his grandparents this weekend to calm down and relax. I might just hold off texting him because he is acting really frustrated. I starting crying in front of my mom today because school and him were stressing me out and I couldn't even tell her why I was really crying. :frowning2:

19. Foz

Foz Guest

I'm sorry to hear this, but the best things come to those who wait. Obviously his parents fighting is a big deal to him and since his sexuality seem to be a taboo subject for him he probably doesn't want to have to deal with both at the same time. So just give him the space he needs to work one thing out at a time :wink:

20. sweetprince

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Things are not going good. He didn't text me all weekend or reply to my texts and I texted him today and asked him why he was ignoring me, and he finally texted back saying he had been busy and didn't text back. I then found out he had been hanging out and doing nothing all weekend with some friends. I don't know what to do now. I haven't seen him in 3 weeks and I'm missing him terribly and I just want to know what to do. And he's acting so weird lately it scares me. What should I do?