1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telling a guy I have a crush on him?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Dillno21234, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Dillno21234

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi everybody. So lately, I've really started liking this guy a lot. We see each other often, and he always seemingly flirts with me. I've really developed feelings for him, but I'm afraid he is straight. He never openly said his sexuality, but I do know he's hooked up with girls before. So I would say that if someone asked, he would say he was straight. I just really wanna know if there is any chance of something happening with a guy. I don't wanna make things weird between us, so do you think just telling him would make things awkward? Should I do it another way? I see this guy often, so it's not as if it'll just go away. Thanks for any advice!

2. stumble along

Well sorry to say there aren't a lot of options, but I'm in a similar situation. He's a grad assistant in a class I take, I have his number, we chat every now and then. I'm thinking of either asking if he has a girlfriend/ taken or just saying "hey i think you're cool, I like you, maybe we could hang out or something."

That way I get my answer and I'm not hitting too hard, easy to bounce back from. Ya feel?

good luck on whatever you decide to do man.

3. Cesar123

Are you openly out and/or does he know you are gay? To be honest, when we have a crush on someone we like to believe they are interested back at us. We believe some actions that if anyone else did to us we wouldn't give a second though about but when our crush does it we view it as flirting. Just be careful not to get hurt. He isn't gay from what you told us and he has dated woman before. Good luck :slight_smile:

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Telling him your own sexuality is one of the best ways to level the playing field even if he doesn't immediately respond. It's scary, but it does help avoid mixed messages. A true friend will accept this is a part of what makes you who you are. Things may get awkward, but remember homophobia is the real lifestyle choice. Homosexuality is a biological reality.

5. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Yeah, depends on who you are as a person, and who he is as a person...

Do you like his muscles, compliment them and get a little touchy feely with them...

I've hit on women before that I still see on a frequent basis (such as the hot server at McD's drive thru.) I flat out asked I think you're pretty, would you like to go out? She said she was seeing someone, so not at the moment. We still chat, we make eye contact, I still flirt a little.

6. Runner5

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You'll never know if you don't go for it.

7. Dillno21234

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thank you all for responding! I think I will definitely try and make it more obvious that I like him. He already knows I'm gay, so I do have that going for me. I guess I'll just try being more direct.

8. Dillno21234

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So I don't think I should make a new post entirely, but something else happened with him. The other day, he gives me his phone number. We work together, so he said it was in case I ever needed to get a hold of him to cover a shift. That was fine, I didn't think anything about it. Yesterday night, I had a few drinks, and I text him randomly because he was on my mind. The texts were pretty flirty (full of emojis and overall just flirtatious), but he seemed pretty cool about it. Then today, he texts me randomly about an inside joke we made at work last week. It was honestly pretty cute of him, regardless of whether he meant it to be. We have never talked outside of work before, and before the drunk texts, he never had my number. So I don't know if he was hoping I'd text him, so he'd have my number or what. Do you think this means anything?