1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My older sister bullys me and our mom

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ICTOAUN, Mar 20, 2015.

1. ICTOAUN

My sister is 23, almost 24
    she is about 3 years older than I am
    I am turning 21 soon

my sister bullies me and my mom. I am so tired of it because it has been going on since I can remember. My sister throws tantrums sometimes. Is very impolite. Is condescending.

She doesn't bully us physically anymore. My sister and I used to get into fist fights when we were younger. Heated arguments would almost become physical between my mom and her.

Things between us have gotten a little bit better since we have aged, but I'd really like it to just end. i don't like seeing my mom get manipulated and disrespected by my sister. And I don't want to feel angry/hurt every time I come home to see my family

my mom and I have a good relationship. I think my sister is really jealous of that

i know that my sister feels like a failure of sorts. She has never been very athletic or studious. she rebelled a lot growing up. Even now, she is still living at home and not doing much

i think she has a lot of potential... she just feels stuck. ive offered my help before by saying that Id help her look at schools to apply to and stuff like that.. but she is too prideful. we dont ALWAYS fight... and sometimes we can get along just like best friends... but more often than not, she is just mean.

i don't know what to do...

any advice?

ive tried to talk to her many times. being calm. with lots of patience. but she twists everything around to be all about her. she can be very nasty and manipulative.

:help:

2. azure au

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think there is much that you can do. It is one of those situations that won't change until your sister wants it to.

It might be more helpful to try and support your mum by doing fun things with her that get her away from the situation for a while. Take her to the movies or dinner or a walk around the block when you have time together. You can even invite your sister, she will likely say no.

Your sister may have a lot of potential but it's up to her to use it.