1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another 'I like my friend' thread

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by cherry tree, Mar 21, 2015.

1. cherry tree

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've posted about this before, about four months ago. I said that I was starting to have feelings for a female friend of mine and that I had never had a crush on a girl before. Then I asked her about her sexual orientation and she told me she was hetero, and at the time I thought "well, good thing I asked because now I know she won't like me back and I'm not really hurt".

For the past few months I was completely fine with the situation. In the back of my mind I knew that I liked this particular friend a bit more or in a slightly different way than my other friends but that was ok. I thought it would just stay like this but, sadly, I was wrong.

Maybe a couple of weeks ago I started having these small snippets of thoughts or fantasies whenever my brain had nothing else to do, like when I was trying to fall asleep or riding the bus. They were always thoughts about my friend suddenly kissing me or telling me she had a crush on me. I told myself to stop thinking about this because it won't happen but I couldn't stop.

I know she's not interested in girls but that doesn't stop my stupid brain from making up scenarios where she says something like "I know I said I was hetero, but I guess I was wrong..." GRAAHHH!!!

What do I do to stop this? :help:

2. Gandee

Gandee Guest

Hi, I sympathize with your situation. I just got over my crush a week ago (and I thank everyday for that). It will take a lot of time and I'm not even sure how I did it. I can only tell you what work for me:
    -read some romance fictions, replacing your fantasies with other people's fantasies...
    -Or instead fantasizing about some other girls who are different than your own crush but no less amazing.
    -Maintain distance, don't initiate contact with her.
    -Talk to other people, especially the funny crazy ones, they usually help you forget
    -And lastly, indulge in your fantasies of your crush, bth, I don't do that...it made me feel guilty. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

We've all been through this, good luck to you. I hope it helps :slight_smile:

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's tough, but perhaps you've just kind of stopped looking for girls who may be interested and fell back into your dreams about this girl. Or, you are still unconvinced what she said was true. It's hard, but you have to take her words at face value.