1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does this girl really want?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Fafner, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Fafner

I need some help understanding a girl I met a while ago. For the first time ever, really, I felt that it went really well and I thought something might happen with this girl. Then I realised that she has a boyfriend who lives in another country. After that I continued to hang out with her, pretty much every day, and we were constantly chatting when we didn't see each other. After a while we started hanging out with some other people as a group, and she started really flirting with this other guy too, and now she just continues to kindof flirt with both of us. After being to tired of watching her flirt with other people I confessed to her that I was falling for her, and she said that she really liked me, hoped we could stay friends, etc. And then we continued hanging out as we did before, which is starting to really depress me, because I can't get over her since we hang out all the time, but I know that there's nothing coming back from her end. And I can't just stop hanging out with her, because that would pretty much mean stop hanging out with all the friends I've met here (I just recently moved to a new place). So, she knows I like her, yet still continues to talk and flirt with both me and other guys, while having a bf back home. Does anyone have any advice as to how I could get out of this situation while still being able to keep the friends I've made?

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Describe to her what she is specifically doing that you consider flirty and ask if she can stop it. Also, you may just need some distance and time to get over your crush. Some people like to flirt as it boosts their ego (probably good for this girl her boyfriend is far away).

3. Fafner

Yeah, I'm increasingly suspecting her of just "using" me for an easy ego boost. She really just doesn't seem like the kind of person who would do that. I don't really know what I want either. Obviously I would most of all want to be with her, and I know that it's not good for me to continue like this if she's not up for that. But at the same time there's literally nothing else going on in this department for me, and there hasn't been for longer than I dare to even think of, so most of the time I end up jumping at her every command, because the alternative is just being lonely like I've been for years. I already made it clear to her how I feel so it's not like I have any integrity if I were to try to play it cool or play hard to get. I don't know. Why can't it just be a bit easy, or at least understandable.