1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why would a "straight" guy repeatedly make eye contact with a guy?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by kingdom1830, Mar 21, 2015.

1. kingdom1830

So there is this crush I like. We have been making eye contact for a while, but we haven't talked in person.
    When I confronted him the eye contact in class via messages, asking if he is gay, he said he was looking at another girl who was sitting on the left side behind his friend while he turned his head to the right side. He said "I just take glances at her without being noticed." So, I accepted it, and he now knows I am gay.
    But the problem is, when we encounter in the library, I still catch him making eye contact with me, he's almost always the one who initiates it. But he talked about approaching girls, like "Sometimes we just like to see what we want to see. I caught girls making long eye contact me, but when I approached them, they were like Who's this". I think he was trying to hint that I am being wishful thinking. Then why the hell does he constantly make eye contact with me? He knows I am gay and I like him, but he doesn't stop. Is he trying to tease me, play me? or he is in the closet?

#1 kingdom1830, Mar 21, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  2. wasgij

Probably in the closet. But which do you prefer, the possibility of hanging out with someone who maybe needs some time to work things out, or scaring them away? In my personal experience, applying too much pressure doesn't work. It's just my own insecurity and needing to know that gets the better of me.

3. Cesar123

If he is interested, he would make a move eventually. Till then, its safe to assume he is straight. If he begins to do anything other that these glances than maybe he is interested in you.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You should really avoid asking people point blank what is their sexuality. That can put them on the defensive. Have you told him your own orientation? Does he know you like him?