1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know what to make of this

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by poetofdarkness, Mar 22, 2015.

1. poetofdarkness

Me and my ex broke up a little bit over a month ago but we remain good friends. I still have feelings for her but she started dating someone else about a week after we broke up. During the few months that we were dating, I wrote her a few poems. Tonight I texted her. I just really don't know what to think now. I wonder if there's still hope. What do you think?

Attached Files:

2. poetofdarkness

By the way the only reason I called it shit was because I wasn't sure how she felt about it and I was trying to act cool like I didn't care.

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why did you aske her if she had thrown it out? You mentioned closure, but I don't really understand how that would give you closure. Do you think you can explain?

4. poetofdarkness

Because it had been eating at me wondering if she had thrown it out. And if she had I would view that as when she had given up on the relationship. And if I knew that she had thrown it out like it didn't mean anything to her it might help me move on and let go. I honestly thought that she had already thrown them out but I didn't have a definite answer so that's where the closure part comes in. Hope this makes sense.

5. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you parted on good terms and remain friends, she may not want to throw them out. When people split up in a really acrimonious way it makes a certain amount of sense to want to dispose of every reminder of the relationship with that person (even though it doesn't always happen like that), but if you are still in contact and maintain a warm friendship you will not have the same ill feelings towards the other person. Do you still have anything that she gave to you?

6. poetofdarkness

Yes, she drew a picture for me and I keep it in my wallet