1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so there's this girl...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by FlynnEnby, Mar 23, 2015.

1. FlynnEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    and i really like her, she is funny and smart and just all around wonderful
    She is a foreign student at my university for this semester, and we have a couple of classes together. And we get along really well, we are always talking and joking together and all that.
    But she doesn't know i'm gay (no one at uni does except for my best friend) and i have no idea if she is
    And sometimes i get the feeling that she likes me, cos she seems to talk to me more then the other humans in the class. But i dunno it might be she is just a friendly human who talks to me more cos i make more of an effort to talk to her
    Now i kinda wanna tell her i'm gay, just that...not that i like her so i can see how she reacts...but i dont know if i should
    we have become really good friends and i dont want to ruin that or make it awkward, cos if she'd know i'm gay she would probably realize i like her..its pretty obvious
    the thing is that even in the best case scenario this whole thing kinda sucks. Cos lets imagine i tell her i'm gay and she turns out to be gay too and we end up together and everyone is happy..then in June she leaves and goes back to her home in germany, which would suck.
    Now i'm 20 years old, but i only discovered my sexuality this year..and i've never actually had any kind of romantic encounter with a girl whatsoever. So this is all rather new to me and im quite confused
    and i want to just take a chance and see if maybe something will happen with this girl, but she's only here for 3 more months so sometimes i don't think its worth it
    she really likes hiking and so do i so and she's come hiking with me and my friends a couple of times. And yesterday she planned a hike very last minute and i told her that none of my friends could make it but actually i didnt ask any of them so that we would be alone. And we went to a valley and stayed climbing things and being attacked by the sea cos it was really windy and it was a wonderful day and i just wanna hang out with her all the time. but what if i tell her and she gets freaked out and doesnt wanna talk to me anymore, i dont wanna loose the friendship. But not knowing if there could be something more than friendship is driving me mental. cos like if i knew that she was straight i wouldn't mind so much cos i can just be her friend.
    ...that just ended up with me rambling...hopefully some of it makes some kind of sense

2. Hey there! So here's my take on the situation: I completely understand that you don't want to ruin your friendship by telling her that you are gay. But, as you said, you two only have three months left together before you'll have to part ways. So worst case scenario, she doesn't accept you, and the friendship ends a little sooner than it likely would have after school. I would tell her. You said yourself that you want to be open with her, and being gay is a huge part of who you are, same goes for me. So I would tell her, and give her time to process it all. She may accept you, she may try to stay friends but nothing more, or your friendship may end. But you'll never know until you try.

3. FlynnEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    but how do i tell her?
    it seems kinda weird to just go up to her and be like hey random fact im a lesbian xD
    i keep imagining conversations i could have with her in which i come out to her, but then when i'm actually next to her i loose all my words...