1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help - is there anything? What should I do?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Floop, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Floop

Hello!
    This will be my first time posting, and it will be long.
    I need help from experienced people. I know this is a hard subject, but I really need help...

I think I am bisexual. Only a few people know about this (all girls I trust).
    I've been bestfriends with this guy for some time, and we'll always been very joking about our relationship: we are always joking about being in a relationship, loving eachother, about having sex and stuff like this.
    We used to lay my head on his shoulder, cuddling while watching TV, sporadic fondling... Not anything very "explicit", but in my opinion, not normal for two straight guys
    Sometime, he got a girlfriend, whom he says he's in love with.
    After they started their relationship, he got very "sexual" with me: he spent two days switching between making out with her, and coming to me for holding hands, crossing arms, snuggling... But he did it like joking. I asked why he did that and he said "I was afraid of losing your affection" (he knew i felt kind of jealous towards his gf). He also spent like one hour saying to me "let's kiss" and then he would come closer to me, like he was going to kiss me (we got very close like 1 inch). He then would back off and say "eugh, feeling too gay" and would go to his gf to make out, returning to me after.
    But the peak, was that we had to sleep together in a single bed for two days. the bed was small, so we spooned. I think we both enjoyed it. He even held my hand and said "I love you" and then started petting my hand in a not-innocent way.
    In the second night, we were spooning (he had his back against me), and he turned to me. our faces got very close, and we kissed. I was awake, he SAYS he was sleeping and dreaming with his girlfriend, but idk if this is true.
    I already tried asking him if he likes me, he says no, that he loves his girlfriend. I suggested that he wasnt in love with her, he only enjoyed kissing her and that kind of things, he said he didnt like to think on that idea. I also asked if we was gay and he got very serious saying "no Im not, ok?"...
    This happened like three months ago. But things kinda continue, i feel hinted somehow, even though recently (one or two weeks) he seems to "wind off".
    I don't think its normal for a straight guy to gently caress his bestfriend (with his foot) while "sleeping" (this is just an example... We never cuddled again after the kiss (i try, he kind of runs away).
    Currently, he says through texting and oral conversation (a lot) that he hates me, and doesn't want me anymore, but joking, because he stills looks to be with me and to spend time together. Some days ago we were text messaging through viber, and he said that he hated me and didn't want me more. I pretended to be mad, and then he said that he loved me, and as I didn't answer he texted my phone saying the same, I then said I could return his love then I asked if we were a couple and he said we could be. this kind of silly stuff that i don't know if I should valoize or just ignore...
    He broke up with his gf recently, and after that he seems to be less "hintive" (if this can be considered hinting)
    Some friends of us (that met him recently through me) say that he is kind of gay (even though he had a girlfriend) and that he seems to like me (one of them said it was evident that he adores me, but she couldn't understand of far this was)
    I just want to know what to do now. Should I keep hinting him that I like him? Should I try to make him "confess" if there's anything to? I can't ask him straight, because I feel that he's afraid of telling (like I am).
    I'm thinking of drunkening ourselves together and see what happens. I know this is risky but i dont know what more to do...

Sorry for the long message... I cant make it shorter. If you need any more details ask, and I thank in advance any help you can give. And sorry for my english

2. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm no expert, I just wanted to say something because his behaviour seems strange.

I think he was playing with your feelings. He might not even be fully aware of what he's doing. I don't know if he likes you as more than a friend. It might be that he's in denial about being gay. If that is true, then I don't know how you could help him accept being gay.

I wonder if his girlfriend was okay with what you and him were doing. What if she doesn't know about that? If he can't be honest with her, how can you expect him to be honest with you? Maybe he already lied to you about the kissing by saying it didn't happen.

This must be difficult for you, but, I fear that you will get hurt more, if alcohol is involved.

You know the guy better than I do, heck, he's your best friend, so what I've said could be unfair. It's ultimately up to you if you think it's worth asking him out. The hinting doesn't seem to be working. I think it would be better for both of you to talk openly and settle this once and for all, even if you think he's scared. You can't wait forever for one person. Do you fear that he's going to stop being your friend if he rejects you?

3. Floop

Basically what you said is what worries me the most
    He is a great liar. I catch him many times lying to other people including his exgf (since I know him better) and he tries many times to lie to me (generally about small things). So if he lies to me in those things, i cant know if he is being serious about those topics, that are much important... Thats why I think asking him straight wont work (not to talk about pressuring him, that can make things even worse)
    Thats why I thought about the alcohol, it would "remove" our filters and make us tell the truth (this happens to me)
    And I want to tell him, but i dont have the guts, and i feel that everything would be different and I fear that...
    I feel hand tied...
    Would like more opinions, specially from people who have been in similar situations

4. White Knight

I am also thinking he might be in denial or very scared...

That getting drunk part is a no go. Depending on his reaction to your kiss, if something would happen, he could blame you for everything and you can loose him.

How do you act when you are with him... about gay people specifically. Even as a joke stop saying "ewww too gay" or similar things. While he seems okay with it if he is a gay and chose to hide it, he was hurting deep down inside. With each hurt he is getting more deeper in his cage and getting further away from you.

Just decide and if you really want to do it be direct. Look him into his eyes and tell him that you love him... not because you want to have sex/fun with him but because you love him. This is a tough choice which can cost you a friend. Bet is also very tempting... having both your best friend and your boyfriend together.

However first of all maybe you should decide your situation in all this. Will your questioning state hurt this relationship? Are you ready to be with another boy? Is it lust or genuine affection you felt for him? How do you feel when word "gay" directed at you?

While we all can say things over examples you provided you know him and yourself best. Decide what you will do... just keep in mind, honesty is shortest route to the truth.

Best wishes and good luck to you both.

5. Floop

I now feel ready to be with a guy. I went under a phase of a lot of questions, considerations and I feel ready to it. But not to be open to everybody.
    I want to be in a relationship with him but in secret, i find it more "thrilling"...
    And I also know that it isnt lust. I cant explain it, I just feel it.
    About being "gay", I still find it weird to be applied to me, but not something bad.

6. Floop

Arent there more opinions, or people that had been in similar situations??

Thanks!

7. Floop

Little update about what happened

Yesterday, me and him had to sleep in a double bed.
    When I sleep with him, my natural tendence is to look for contact (I cant avoid it:icon_redf)
    So basically, I was constantly moving myself towards him.
    That night, he sleep talked twice.
    In the middle of the night, I had my back against him, and I felt him spooning with me, but just with his legs (he was injured in his shoulder, so he couldnt "stand" on it, maybe if he could he would spoon with his core (?) too).
    He then gave me lots of petting with his feet, I did it back and he even called my name (I didnt answer, i panicked). Could he be sleep talking? Even though it didnt seem so...
    After calling me, we stayed like this for a while more and then, all of a sudden, he stepped back and pushed me towards the opposite side of the bed (I didnt notice but I think we were close to the end of the bed when "halfspooning"), and started complaining out loud. Could he be sleeping the whole time and when he woke up noticed what we were like and didnt like?
    Then in the rest of the night nothing happened.
    In the morning after at breakfast, he commented with other people that were there with us (in front of me and in a joking way) that I spent the night going closer to him, and that I was very annoying...

I just dont get him... I know that I should have answered when he called me, I promise Ill do it next time...
    Any thoughts?