1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you reject your crush when he/she likes you while you are in the closet?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by kingdom1830, Mar 24, 2015.

1. kingdom1830

For those who are still in the closet, do you reject you crush if they say they like you and you pretend that you are straight and have no feelings towards them?

2. SomeNights

No. Even when I was at my worse(in terms of accepting my sexuality), I still would've been honest with my crush if they approached me first.

3. Eye Shine

I agree with the post above. Sounds like something you would regret if you told your crush that you do have feelings for that you don't like them

4. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't.

When my now-girlfriend confessed her feelings for me for the first time, it was terrifying. I struggled with it for a while until our friendship couldn't take the uncertainty anymore. I told her my fears, that I was closeted and that my family wouldn't be accepting, and she reassured me that she was still willing to try. Here we are, one year, four months, and counting.

5. africanFlower

i rejected her :frowning2: and honestly i regret it cz i still very much like her and want to so desperately talk to her or just spend time with her but we not exactly friends too soooo yeah.. i dd tell her however the real reason why i said no (about a year after she asked me out lol i know, perfect timing :frowning2: )

6. Crunchy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Most annoying answer ever but it probably depends on the person

Would be interesting to hear other people's stories though, if they have any?

7. ccdd

ccdd Guest

About seven years ago I rejected a girl I was very much in love with when she made a move because of the closet. I was so terrified - I knew that if I kissed her (which she wanted to do), I would love it, and that I would have to acknowledge that I was gay. I really regretted it, as I really liked her and she really liked me. The only thing stopping me was fear. :-(

---------- Post added 26th Mar 2015 at 02:28 PM ----------

I do feel that for me, it's something I would only do once. I do wonder if it's the same for others, that it's a mistake they would only make once.

8. DanJames

Out Status:
    Some people
    I honestly think it depends how available you make yourselves to them. If you tell them you like them and they know you will still hang around then it's likely they could stay closeted.
    If they care about you and/or think this is their only chance with you of course they will take it.
    I told my friend I liked him and it took him a 9 months to say he liked me back, we don't talk any more and I'm seeing a guy who's a few years older who has his life and his sexuality down.

9. Crunchy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual