1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stressful Situation (for me)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Andstillimhere7, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This is long and thank you so much for replying, I'll keep you updated

Hello I want to talk about an issue that is been part of my life and I need advice on getting through it. My problem is with this guy. I met the guy about six months ago and started getting to know him better at the second month.

I have a crush on him because he is so cute and his personality is so bubbly. But lately it's been a nuisance. He has been giving me random answers to my questions and that has been bothering me for a while. I have three sides towards him: A lovey side, an anxious side, and the realistic.

Right now he's been random and socially awkward between us. I want to get to know him better, but I can't because he gives me ambiguous answers. The lovey side is like that is adorable, then later in the day it switches to the anxious side and I'm like "oh my god what if this is all a test to see if I'm worthy of being his friend" then my realistic side hits and it's why is he doing that?

I'm being treated with Social Anxiety Disorder and I do exaggerate and it my disorder is an impedement. Anyways, when he talks to other people he acts the same way but more socialable then to me and I feel that he rather hang out with other people than me and that makes me sad. and sometimes it's like does he even like me. That what it's been feeling so far. I even forgot why I want to be with him.

I once asked him if he is gay and he says maybe and I'm here wondering what the heck does it mean and that causes me distress, mostly because I asked him if he is gay and that is painful for me, like literally i start to have a mini panic attack when addressing gay topics. I want to ask him out but now it's like do I even need too.

There is another side, a hopeful side where it's like "maybe there is something more in him and he is just scared to be himself around me, like me" which makes me want to stay with him more.

I don't know what to do anymore. Right now i'm just going to be myself and see what happens if his attitude continues to persist I'm so done, the pain is so not worth it (this makes me sad because I feel that I'm weak). What should I do? Am I over exaggerating?

2. SomeNights

First and foremost, Take a deep breath and then let it out 3 times.

It may actually be the opposite of what you think. I know that I act and function differently depending on who I'm around, my mood, etc. When it comes to the person I'm with, I usually let them see everything. Which is a lot to take in and even includes some of my....er....not so great moments. Which sometimes does include hostility toward them. It's just how things go sometimes.

Now if he's not your bf and you guys aren't dating or whatever. Don't force it, that'll make everything awkward. Just try to be yourself. If it's a serious conversation you're looking for, environment is key. Who is around you, their relationship to each of you and where you are in general. You only have so much control over things.

Hope this helps...