1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crushes that aren't gay

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by NathanielB13, Mar 25, 2015.

1. NathanielB13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So at my secondary school I like many others have crushes. However all of them aren't homsexuals/bisexuals. Also all the people who are confessed homosexuals aren't really my type or really friendship material. This situation is making me feel really lonely as I feel I have no-one. Any advice?:confused:

2. Frosty

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Stay positive.

You will find someone when the time is right.The best relationships happen to walk into your life unexpectantly.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Stay confident,and be yourself.

The time will come sooner or later.

In the meantime,surround yourself with friends!

3. Mhin

Right people will come at the right time. Stay happy :slight_smile:

4. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like how that sounds, now I don't have to keep "looking".

5. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bear in mind that fewer than 10% of people are thought to be LGB so it stands to reason that you may have crushes on people who identify as straight. It's perfectly normal and reasonable to expect it to happen. The main thing is to not get carried away with these crushes or expect something to come of them.

What is it about the gay or bi people at school that you don't like? What have you done to get to know them better? If we allow ourselves time to get to know a person well, our love and appreciation for them may grow. If you only base your opinion on passing glances or brief conversations you may never know.

6. NathanielB13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really like them because they're stereotypicalley gay and are really sarky and to be honest not very nice.

7. TheAnon32

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am in the exact same situation. All the "gay" people in my secondary school are all these flamboyant stereotypical gay guys who i just don't connect or identify with. I feel so different to everyone else.

8. Scottmcdonn

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I just finished college and I was in exactly the same position as you!
    In school, I was attracted to alot of guys, some of whom I was good friends with but of course I didn't do anything about it, mainly due to the fact I didn't want to embarrass myself. Plus nobody knew I was gay in school, of course the accusations came but I denied them constantly which set me back quite a few years, even now nobody knows, not even my parents, it leads to some very stressful times and I do feel quite lonely because of it all. I hope the time will come where I feel comfortable enough to get myself out there and meet someone. Teenage years are funny when it comes to these things, not sure I should be giving advice considering I myself am a wreck but my advice would be to just give it time, more people may be discovering their sexuality, maybe some of your crushes so keep the faith :slight_smile:

9. Ozzieboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Im stuck in the same place, i have a crush on this cute and goofy guy in my first period class, i sort of told him i like him( wrote a note that said i have a crush on you and put it on his seat before clas started) sometimes i feel hes gay or bi but it all was crushed when he said hr has a girlfriend :frowning2: but idk i still feel hes gay or bi ( or maybe its hope lol ) ive tried to cconvince myself i dont kike him but the more i try the atronger i feel ugggh it sucks :bang:

10. NathanielB13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks everyone, I've just had a person at my school come out that they are bisexual which to me is a HUGE relief that I'm not alone. Plus they are not like the others and I know him so it should be okay even if he's not my crush. I have to agree with Scottmcdonn in the way that I don't want to tell crushes because I don't want to embarass myself or come out to the wrong people. Thanks again for all the advice and stories, you've all been a great help!

11. musicman1982

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey Nathaniel!

Everybody goes through crushes and they are perfectly normal, you shouldn't feel alone because of having crushes on certain people. Once that you find somebody, woman or man, whoever makes you happy as the old saying goes "You will know." When you are looking for someone to be in a relationship with it's not about looking for Mr or Mrs Right, it's about looking for that person who can not only like you for you, but gives you space to be yourself. Because that is why they liked you in the first place. So do not feel alone or rushed to find some person to be with, take your time and this should be the most enjoyable phase of your life and don't be an a-hole, but just enjoy the moment because it won't last for long.