1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Over-analysing ruining my relationship

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by adsterrr, Mar 25, 2015.

1. adsterrr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've been dating a guy for two weeks (not a long time I know)
    Although within these two weeks we have been seeing A LOT of each other because we live so close and we're free most days so why not?
    Anyways, just recently things have started to 'fizzle out' already...or at least I think they have. The chemistry seems to have just changed literally overnight and it's got me freaking out. I'm reading way too much in to everything and I know I am. If he doesn't reply straight away i'll go crazy! If he replies slightly more abrupt than usual I think that I've done something wrong.

For two weeks, I know this sounds completely obsessive. However, my last boyfriend and I were together two years and I still felt this way every day, and eventually it did take it's toll on both of us and we had to end. I just wish there was some way I could stop over thinking and stop analysing a guy's every move otherwise I'm never going to be able to find someone. It happens every time I get slightly close with a guy, I go psycho, I know I act differently around them and yet I can't bring myself back to 'normal'

Does this happen to anybody else, or am I just completely loopy?

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your not going psycho at all. Your reacting to your emotions, which are being stimulated from a new relationship. Time, experience and, unfortunately, relationships going south will help you understand your emotions and manage your responses to them.

For some people, they can manage them quite well, but for many others, maturity and experience are required. Don't beat yourself up over it. Your not alone.

3. adsterrr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you for this, I needed some reassurance.