1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't Know if my Crush Likes me Back

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Lucas2000, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucas2000

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    First of all, no one knows my feelings towards James, or my sexual orientation.
    I first met him (James) in Yr7 (we weren't that close then and we aren't particularly that close now, we're just good friends) and he is probably the cutest boy I've ever met (!) He had a girlfriend for a while, but allegedly they've broken up. My problem is that I don't know if he likes me back the way I do him. I kind of feel like I get mixed signals, or maybe I'm misinterpreting everything me and him do together; he just makes me feel really happy and that nothing in the world matters anymore.
    He acts rather differently around me, as he always tries to make me laugh/smile. Usually when he makes a joke, he'll look to me. He's extremely friendly to me, however he isn't like that to anyone else. I regularly (or rather, all the time) look/stare at him during the classes we share; when he notices me he'll either: smile, give me a thumbs-up (he always does this to me, only, when we notice each other) or we'll start winking at each other.
    We don't hang around together much, but when I get a chance to be with him I'll take it.
    Today when we were conversing, he accidently brushed his hand against my crotch, moments after he did it again. Perhaps it was an accident and I just took it as another sign that he could love me, too. We were also pretending to be doing some work, by holding our arms out and touching finger tips (this was in Drama, btw) and as time went on, our hands got closer and eventually his hand was practically on top of mine! Again, I could just have misinterpreted this.
    He sometimes makes insulting jokes towards homosexuals, but it's never too offensive; it just makes me think he is straight, instead. James' other friends tend to do it much more often than him, but that's just the life of teenagers and I'm perfectly fine towards it and play along too, by also lightly using those kind of 'jokes'.
    He generally hangs around all the girls and doesn't stick with many male friends, despite that James has several (including me). Maybe he's just confident enough to talk with them, or perhaps he's more comfortable around them.
    A few days ago at the beginning of History, he came in with some of the girls and they were saying that they don't want him to leave the school. James said that he'd wanted to leave since Yr7 and that he's probably going. I wouldn't know how to cope school life without his support and friendship (and beautiful face). But since then, he's gotten a bit closer to me and my fantasies of us being together are making me think that he loves me back in the way I do for him.
    He's just making it very confusing for me and I move from thinking he's straight to maybe he does love me, too. But with the possibility of him leaving the school has just everything feel really depressing for me and I just don't know what to do, period.

2. NathanielB13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, I'm in secondary school too and I have a crush like this. I've also had problems with crushes saying homophobic jokes and honestley it's just a normal school thing.
    However, how open are you about being Gay, as this person doesn't sound homphobic to me as I have friends who aren't against LGBs but do say these things
    Secondly what year are you in as you might notice as you go through the years these jokes may stop as I have a brother who used to call me a faggot but has now began to stop (He's in Yr11).
    Finally my advice would be to wait but to try and hang around him more as he sounds great and learning more about him might make you realise, yeah he has feelings for me or No he doesn't

3. Lucas2000

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah, I don't care at all about the homophobic jokes. I'm not at all open about being bisexual. I'm in Yr9; and I do try hang around him more (as he is a wonderful person to be with) to learn more about him and his life. It's also quite a coincidence, because my favourite name has always been James!
    Thanks.

#3 Lucas2000, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  4. NathanielB13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  5. Lucas2000

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't mind joining in with the homophobic jokes, mainly because literally nothing can offend me. I just read that whole story; quite interesting. James isn't my best friend, nor is he my closest friend at Secondary School, but just my love interest. We are very close, though.
    I did forget to mention some extra details earlier on that push him more towards the he-might-like-me-back part:
    One time, he started talking about mine and his eyes and how they are the same colour (he even told me the percent and number of people that have green eyes!); my closest friend at Secondry said that James is probably gay; a while ago, he took a picture of him and me together, proceeded to put it on SnapChat and title it: "Sexy [Boy]", implying that I'm the sexy one!
    He just confuses me at times; perhaps he's just a flirt around me...

6. NathanielB13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    After reading your post again I found your crush and mine do the same sort of thing. Mine Brad, hangs around with alot of girls however he does that because his mates have girlfriends and their friends hang with them. Does your crush James have friends like this?
    I think your friend might be right but some of it you might have to take it as Bro Banter which happened to me

#6 NathanielB13, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  7. Lucas2000

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    James hangs around with girls with none of the other males, but I'm not sure if any of his male friends have a gf, though.

8. NathanielB13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well now he sounds a bit like the Gay community at my school however how close would you say like constantly hanging around girls or alot of the time with them but with still time for guy friends?

9. Lucas2000

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    He does make time to spend with his male friends and me, but a lot of the time he'll just go and start talking and hanging around with the girls.

10. NathanielB13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He does sound like my crush Brad in the way he acts, however I think your crush is differant. Try spending more time with him to really get some big signals like more contact, more personality etc etc as it may show that the way he acts around you isn't normal for him in a good way of course. Try sort of interviewing his friends aswell to see if you can get any information out of them about the way he acts

11. Lucas2000

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah, he does do a lot of physical contact (as well as eye contact) with me. He doesn't do it as much with his other friends as he does with me. I'd imagine that (considering how much time I follow him around) that he's only acting that way around me and that it's little-to-nothing compared to how he acts around the others.

12. NathanielB13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think he may be curious at the very least and it seems like he does like you even if it isn't in a romantic way.

13. Lucas2000

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Perhaps he may just be curious, but the physical and eye contact has been a constant thing for a couple years, now. We're definitely good friends; all I can do is hope that he likes me back the same way...

14. NathanielB13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What does he do physical wise? Is it private parts stuff or like hand and eyes?

15. Lucas2000

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    More facial physical contact, such as my few beard hairs that he used to stroke (I've cut them off now, anyway), being fascinated over my side burns and moustache and hand contact as well.
    And of course, when we stare at each other in class, we start winking at one another.

16. NathanielB13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Question about the eye contact. Is it you who initiates it, does he initiate it sometimes? How long is it? What is his first reaction to your eye contact? Sorry to go in so much detail but it helps to get the bigger picture

17. Lucas2000

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's okay, the more detail, the better. It usually starts off when I look at him in class, although sometimes I catch him staring at me, so I look at him. It'll usually last until me or him start laughing, despite I want it continue for longer than necessary. If it doesn't result into winking and if he catches me staring at him, he'll smile and give me thumbs-up and I'll smile back. I'd then probably look away to avoid suspicion and he'll proceed to then look away.
    Also, he sometimes shows me a bit of skin (belly, nipples etc.), although I'm not the only one to whom he does this to, i.e. some of the girls for a laugh.

18. NathanielB13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When he does physical contact is it serious or in a joking manner?As if it more serious than I would be more swayed towards him being curious/bi/gay

19. Lucas2000

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm not too sure. It never comes across in a joking manner, he does sort of seem interested in my facial hair and is only person in the school to touch it.

20. NathanielB13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does he touch other peoples beards? Silly question but it has a point to it. Also how long did he do this for?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.