1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tense Family Issues...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Chibi Giraffe, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Chibi Giraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I feel like I don't have the best relationship with my family. I thought that coming-out would be a way for us to come together a little more but it got worse (at least for me...). I talked about in another post about how my family disregards my ever coming-out. I felt ignored and disrespected even before coming out. But every time I've said anything about how I feeling in the past (I've given up doing that now...) I'm always attacked and looked at as the "bad guy" for not wanting to be around my "family". The issue of my gayness never comes up. In fact, the only time the topic of homosexuality ever comes up is when they're talking about how "wrong and nasty" it is. So I stay to myself, which is easy for me since I'm an introvert (the only one in the house I might add, which is another problem in itself).

I am hoping to be accepted to a college away very soon, so I'll be able to be myself freely. I'm worried that the bonds I have with my family will eventually dissipate completely. I've just accepted the reality that I'll never be able to come-out about my non-religiosity, seeing how they took it the last time...

Is there a way to mend this family dynamic or do I just have to deal with their insensitivity towards me? If so, how?