1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trust issues

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by symmetricchic, Mar 27, 2015.

1. symmetricchic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I recently found out that a girl is interested in me but I am afraid of a relationship due to the fact that I really find it hard to trust people. I guess this comes from the fact that I had issues trusting my own family so I found it even harder to trust strangers or anyone else. Not sure what to do but I really want to get over it. I think I am ready for a relationship but I just need to figure out how to calm myself down and develope trust first. I am not surprised that it also affects my very rare friendships and makes me seem more like a lone wolf.

2. ShatteredLove

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know exactly what you mean, I have the same problem (because of past experiences...) maybe before you consider a relationship with her, get to know her a bit more. Become more of her friend and just wait and see :slight_smile: go with the flow, and eventually after awhile I'm sure you'll realize if you can trust her. I hope all goes well!

3. symmetricchic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you! I will try this and see how it goes.

4. symmetricchic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I tried it out and it did seem to work, but I'm not very interested anymore. I do hope though that my trust issues greatly improve in the future, and I am working on them daily.