1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In love with a straight guy

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by QuietFishy, Mar 27, 2015.

1. QuietFishy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am in love with straight guy and it is killing me inside I just hope and hope that something could happen but I know that nothing will ever happen. Also he is my friend so I can't just ignore him or not talk to him. All I want is to stop feeling depressed over a guy I am in love with but can never get. Its not like I could do anything else to avoid him until the end of the school year anyway because he is in my gymnastics team and my gymnastics counts for school so I am forced to be with him. Now I am getting depressed over him and I know for a fact he is straight but I still have stupid useless hope that he is not straight. I just feel lonely and I have no clue what to do and am only happy when I am with him.

What do I do Please :help:

2. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey, I'm sorry you're going through this but it happens alot. I think there is nothing to do but try to distance yourself away from him. And time, because you may never know what might happen next. I have a question, what made you have a crush on him?

3. QuietFishy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Its hard for me to distance myself with him because he is on my team in gymnastics.

What made me have a crush on him, Well First I think he is extremely cute and attractive and also he is very funny,sarcastic. He is also nice and doesn't make fun of me for being gay like everyone else. So mainly his looks and how he is just nice to me and makes me laugh is what made me have a crush on him.

4. musicman1982

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi James!

That is a predicament, I ageree with bookreader that it happens to everyone, gay, straight, bi....alien, I digress. Think about this way, this is probably your first time feeling these feelings and like with every teenager, your hormones are all over the place like a garden hose spraying out water. So, would you rather save your friendship or risk telling him what you are feeling when all that you are going on is a gut feeling. People do change over time and over a period of years, I have had friends who were straight and ended up being gay or bi themselves. The thing is, both of you are very young and got a future of you. To sum up what I am saying is would you rather have a friend, possibly for life or as I said maybe risking ruining it because of feelings. If I was in your position just keep the friendship and if you feel you need to tell him, if he asks you then say it. But at the moment keep the friendship.