1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This guy said he was "open-minded"?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Dillno21234, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Dillno21234

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi guys!

So I work with this guy, and we have a fairly flirtatious relationship. We always tease one another, like we're in the 6th grade or something. I don't know why, it's just our thing. Anyway, this guy has been with girls romantically in the past, but really seems like he likes me. Besides the whole flirting thing we have, he always asks personal questions like what my biggest fears are, and what I would do in hypothetical scenarios. Plus, we are always making each other laugh, and we get along so well. The chemistry is obvious. The other night, we were talking about something, and he got serious and said "I consider myself a very open-minded guy". It was nothing specific to relationships or anything, but it seemed as if he wanted me to know that. Another thing I thought was worth mentioning. He texts me out of the blue about random things we've talked about. Last night, I decided to try it. I sent him a flirty text with a "winky" face, and he responded pretty quickly and seemed amused by it. We had a decent convo, and it sort of just ended naturally. Then a few hours later, he texts me and says "Are you working tomorrow?" and I said "Yeah why?" and he just said "Okay, I'll be there too". It just seemed random, because it was like 11 at night, and several hours after our convo. So I don't know, do you think he has feelings for me? or is just me?

2. headie2infinity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hmmm. Does he know that you are gay? I would text him sometime when your away from work for a few days and bring up the topic of his flirting. You could text him and say, you know it's wrong to lead a gay guy on. And put a wink face. Or you could tell him about all the signs he's been giving you.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's pretty likely he's telegraphing pretty clearly that he likes you and that he's either gay or "open minded" (which is often a code word for a guy who knows he likes guys but isn't ready to completely own being gay or bi)

I'd say tread slowly, but move forward :slight_smile:

4. robclem21

I think with this in mind, you need to avoid doing anything too drastic. Guys who state their feelings this way, while he may be hinting to you what he actually wants, can quite often be scared off if the conversation gets steered to heavily in a direction that makes the confront their feelings.

I think talking about yourself is fine and would get you where you want, but forcing him to chat about his own feelings may backfire...