1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tell me your unrequited love/crush story

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by mapleluv, Mar 29, 2015.

1. mapleluv

Maybe it will help me feel a little less pathetic knowing somebody else went through/is going through the same thing. :icon_sad:

2. Yosia

I was in love with this girl; she was beautiful, funny, cute, and generally an amazing person - I adored her. I went out of my way for this girl, I helped her with school-work, I spent time with her when she was alone, I even stayed around hers when she was home alone just to keep her company.

All of this and she didn't love me back. >.<

3. LibertyValance

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh boy, this will be long.

So, I shall start this by saying that I came into high-school with a pretty good feeling that I was gay, but I was not at all out.

Second semester of first year was mandatory gym class and that is where I first met him. We shall call him "M". At first I actually didn't like M very much, he was a bit goofy but fairly competitive. He ran mid-distance events for track and was in pretty good shape. However I was in better shape and all throughout gym class I would always beat him in whatever sport we were doing. I took thorough enjoyment in besting him since he was a bit of a cocky guy so it was kind of fun to see his reaction whenever he would lose.

M was a fairly metro-sexual sort of guy. He was always well dressed and had his hair well styled et cetera. He had a really lean athletic body that I couldn't help taking glances at in the locker room. He also had these gorgeous green-blue eyes that I loved staring into. M was also a bit of a strangely touchy-feely guy sometimes which made things thoroughly confusing for me at times (he liked touching my pecs for example). M wasn't the brightest tool in the shed per se, but he was a funny guy and just generally fun to be around.

In second year I had him in my gym class again and we also both ran track. This is when my rivalry/animosity towards him from earlier slowly started to turn into attraction as I hung around him more and got to know him better. We soon became decent friends and remain so to this day. near the end of high-school we began to hang out outside of school a bit, mostly going to the gym together. I will admit some days that I didn't feel like going at all I went just so I could see him buck naked when we were undressing after swimming (does that make me a bit of a pervert? I don't know, maybe...). By this time at the end of high-school I had a pretty major crush on him. However I knew he was straight because he at the time had a girlfriend.

I came out at the end of high-school and M was one of the first people I told. He was really supportive and said he didn't find it too surprising (guess he must have noticed my looking at his junk, haha). Of course he was straight so there was no possibility for reciprocation of feelings. We don't go to the same post-secondary institution so we don't hang out much anymore though we still talk occasionally. On the whole though things certainly didn't go as bad as they could of when you tell a straight guy you are gay and you find them attractive, still too bad he was straight though.

So there is an unrequited crush story of mine for you.

#3 LibertyValance, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  4. Sapphire

Sapphire Guest

I was talking to this really great guy for a while. I had had my eyes on him for a while, and I felt something for him, I was definitely crushing on him. Anyway, we were talking for a while and things seemed to be going very well. I was ecstatic, I felt on top of my world, and I often looked forward to getting to kiss him or maybe cuddle with him or whatever, just like all my friends got to do with their s/o's at some point, but it never went that far, I think he was also talking to someone else and the other guy just fit him better than I did. That hurt quite a bit, and I often feel sad about it because I don't know when my next chance is going to be... I really liked him, it just makes me wonder if I'll ever get to date a guy who I have those feelings for. I've been out for two years, and that was the first opportunity I've ever had to date my crush, will I have to wait another two years? Will it ever happen? It's frustrating as hell.

5. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In seventh grade I was stuck on the cute girl who sat next to me in study hall. The two of us were friends, and she was always giving me gifts and things. She would often hug me or hold my hand, and once when we were on a long ride we sat side by side and she rested my head on my shoulder for a long time. We would have sleepovers together, and long phone calls about nothing at all. Then, when she found out I'm gay, she became a little more distant. She stopped holding my hand or giving me hugs. Then she got a boyfriend, and would talk about him all the time. We're still friends, but I wish we were as close as we used to be. :icon_sad:

(Later, her boyfriend broke up with her because he realized he was gay. So, I guess she knows how it feels...)

6. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The summer after 8th grade I met this guy at work, I was utterly smitten by him, I can even tell you when I first saw him. We bonded over the summer, talked a lot, even though he had this weird schedule. We talked a lot on Facebook and eventually would text. I was falling for this guy, hard. Needless to say it really sucked when it got to be the fall and he practically refused to text me back since he doesn't like to text. The next summer we were still friends but really less close. Things got so bad between us that he lashed out on me towards the end of the summer calling me a "CLINGY GIRLFRIEND" since I would text him a lot. We fell out entirely. Months later when our rehire letters came for work I asked him when his meeting was, he informed me that he wasn't going to be coming back but said he would miss me. Him and I have talked twice since, it's been a long time. I'm over him but I guess you could say that he was my first love, even though he's straight and it was totally unrequited.

7. Outlier

Which one? Unrequited love is the story of my life.

8. Notlad

Well. He is cute, compassionate, and has more personality and kindness than I could ever muster up. We hung out, went to lunch, got drunk together, and despite our awkwardly close friendship, and my being convinced he liked me back, I ultimately never learned for sure. I always get excited when he makes momentary reentries into my life but it never pans out the way I want it to.

It's a tough situation for anyone.

9. TheAnon32

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He's handsome, smart, funny and honest. I am crazy for him but he knows nothing. There are times when i hate liking him because he can a be a jerk to me at times without knowing it and i would just take it with my stupid smile. *sigh* and then he would bring up some girl he may be into:***::bang:

10. heanic

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I met the love of my life at work..she was new to the job but instantly impressed me by her knowledge. She was smart and confident and was the only person who could tell i was gay. We had such a connection it was intense..id never been with a girl before but we couldn't keep our hands off each other..anyway push came to shove and we both admitted our feelings, however due to us working together and her stalker ex living near me she said timing was wrong for us and so she thought we should be friends. Yet when i got attention from anyone else she got funny with me and we'd argue..yet she got engaged without me knowing she was even involved with someone!!..she had me hooked and to this day im still madly in love with her. It's been 2 years since we were close but she txts occasionally to see how i am.. so no ur not alone. Unrequited love is horrible

11. Gandee

Gandee Guest

You are certainly not alone :/
    Will write a longer post when I have more time, I'm going to make a big big rant!

12. sappho06

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've met the perfect person, but I'm 15 and she's 17. We just clicked right away, but she's straight and going to join the army in a few months, so... I guess we're just meant to be friends. She's really beautiful :slight_smile:

13. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That could take a while. I was in love with the same boy throughout middle school and most of high school. He was the misunderstood outcast type, loved soccer, family friend. We lived that old cliche "girl is paired up with crush for school project" one year in high school. I wish I could say this story has any sort of positive ending, but the truth is junior year he suddenly started to bully me endlessly and it wasn't long before love turned to hate.

More positive story is another boy, a real sweetheart. We ran with the same group of friends so I got to know him relatively well. He was my first slow-dance in high school and I was smitten. Four years later I admitted the crush to a mutual friend and she looked thoughtful. I think she might have wished she'd set us up...

More recently there was a guy my sophomore year of college. He was really nerdy, very sweet, always gave me a hug every time he saw me. We didn't spend as much time together as I hoped; I'd invite him over to hang out and he wouldn't come. He had a girlfriend when we met so I was never sure but I had a feeling he was gay. Sure enough last year he came out to everyone.

14. mapleluv

Thanks everybody, your stories are making me feel so much better! (&&&)

15. Gandee

Gandee Guest

Hope I'm not too late, but here is my story.

I had my first real crush in my first year in college. When I first met him, I disliked him immediately: well-dressed, annoying hairstyles and a silver tongue. He reminded me every bit of my high school bully. But we shared every single class, and he was the only one who was from the same country as me. I found myself opening up to him, and while I still disliked his speech style, I didn't mind it as much. I spent a lot of nights going to his apartment and we had quite a lot of heart-to-heart talks. Looking back, those weren't great talks at all! He dismissed my experiences just as much as I dismissed his. But the fact that I told another person my story other than my mother was enough to make me trust him and started falling for him. And the guy was a big cuddler! During sleep he would unconsciously snuggle close to me and sometimes his hand would try to get inside my pants! I never let it go that far ofc! Anyway, I was miserable. I tried to spend every waking moment with him, then I tried to avoid him as much as possible. I went from one extreme to another. I got depressed, I tried to starve myself, I lashed out. I became needy and demanded him to validate my self-worth. Whenever he touched me, it was like a spark! I got over him though, and now the thought of kissing him disgusts me. :grin:

Then I met my second crush online, and the whole story began again, with some difference :dry:
    This guy I actually liked him at first. He was nice to talk to. But he rarely ever talked about himself. That made me curious. I was determined to find out everything about him. Somewhere during the chase I started developing a crush on him. And he is tall and handsome! Then once again, I tried to stay in contact, then avoid contact, causing unnecessary drama. Every little thing he did or said had an impact on me. We skyped, and he had the gut to tell me he didn't like my face! Ofc that was a joke but nonetheless a really rude one. I forced myself to talk to him one more time because I enjoyed our friendship. I stop caring now, I don't come to him anymore, he can come to me if he wants to.

16. Priceless

I guess this hasn't ended yet, but at the moment it's unrequited.

I met my best friend last year during a study hall. Well actually, we were in a study hall two years ago and I always noticed him but never talked to him. I looked at him when he would sit with his friends at lunch and I never knew why, I just always wanted to talk to him. When I first met him, I had thought he was gay. At this point in time, I thought I was completely straight. It didn't matter to me what he was or wasn't at this point, he was a nice guy so I was nice right back to him. For a while we were friends but then we started talking a lot more and I found out we really liked the same things, had the same dislikes, and he was just amazing to me.

However, during this entire time, or rather beforehand I guess, we had a mutual friend. Anyone was able to tell that she was head over heels for him and it looked like he also fancied her. Everyone thinks they would be an amazing couple and they told him and her that all the time. I became rather close with both of them last year. I always wanted them to get together, but I remember during the Superbowl last year, me and, oh lets call the guy Mark and the girl Angel, Mark were texting the entire time. I don't care for Sports and neither does my family, so the Superbowl wasn't a big deal to us although we still watched it. Anyway, we were texting the entire time and I just started to have feelings for him. Shocked myself, I just couldn't help it. I've felt this way for a girl before but never a guy.

After that moment, I've always been jealous of the girl. Whenever people today bring up the fact they would be a cute couple, I laugh and play along but it kills me on the inside. He barely hangs out with people but he asked me to come over one day. Overjoyed, I of course said yes. Honestly, it was the best time I've ever had at someones house. I never felt like I needed to do anything with him, we could just sit there and talk. I never felt awkward, I never felt like I was boring him. We laughed and had a great time. I remember talking to him about just going out with people in general and he made the comment about "Oh we would be perfect for eachother!" and I just sort of looked at him and thought "Did he really just say that?" and we both kind of just stared at eachother and then he took it back really fast. Although I loved it.

Fast forward through mixed emotions, a few more hangouts, and the summer and we find ourselves two days before New Years. At this point I've accepted I'm bisexual although I'm out to no one, and realized I'm completely and utterly in love with him, his personality, his looks, just everything about him. We decided to hangout this day and it was great and by the end of our hangout, we were extremely tired. We just sat on the couch together and watched the Big Bang Theory on TV and just sat there and I enjoyed it but I thought I bored him (Although recently he told me that he loved that we were able to just hangout and not have to worry about what we were doing). Anyway, throughout hanging out this time, I would continually try to hold his hand and we would let me. The only time he pulled away was when his dad came downstairs. Later when we were tired on the couch, I just grabbed him and put him on my lap and we just laid there together watching the show. We looked at each other and he told me he was really glad I came. I just sort of melted and loved that night from then on.

I love that kid. Anyway, now this is Prom time at my school and everyone is asking each other. He had asked Angel to Prom and she was so excited and she told me right away and I was happy for her but I was also extremely sad when I found out. I cried in my bed that night, not for long but still I never usually cry about anything, although I didn't expect him to ask me and I knew he was gonna ask her, but I was crushed when he asked her. On the way to school the next day, I started bawling in the car when "Stay With Me" by Sam Smith came on because I was just listening to the lyrics and relating it to my situation. It killed me when he sang "Why am I so emotional/No its not a good look gain some self-control/And deep down I know this never works/But you can lay with me so it doesn't hurt." I started bawling and my mom had to take me in late. She kept saying she knew it was about some girl in my school and I wanted to tell her but I couldn't. I'm personally not ready, not with someone like my father knowing that. And I know he would accept me and love me all the same and be okay with it but... I just don't know.

Anyway it's been a while since then and my other friend told me she was nominating them for Prom King and Queen, which hurt a little. But she sent me both Angel and Mark's responses to being asked if it was okay to be King and Queen. Angel, of course, was ecstatic and loved it. Although Mark's response was just like "That's good, I think it'll make Angel happy." as if he just wasn't interested in it at all? He just didn't seem excited about it so now I'm all confused again.

I love him but I want to stop. Anyway... that's my story now. Hope this helped! :slight_smile: