1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friend and crush getting together?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by deadbluebells, Apr 1, 2015.

1. deadbluebells

My friend and I are both bisexual, as is this girl we both like. I m friendly with the girl but my best friend is always texting her, they re really flirty and it s obvious they re going to end up getting together at some point. I feel so stupid because I knew the girl first but I m so shy I completely ruined my chances, and my friend is really clever and confident and flirtatious with everyone How do I deal with it if they do get together? Ever since we were little everyone has always preferred my friend to me and I have such low confidence, I can t help but feel incredibly jealous and rubbish about everything.

I should also add that I'm not afraid of this ruining our friendship - I have much too low self esteem to get competitive or even show jealousy. I'm going to have to grin and bear it, like I've always done. I guess at least I can still be friends with my crush, which is a comfort of some sort because she's completely amazing.

Any advice or sympathy? I feel so alone and pathetic for even thinking I had a chance. Thank you :frowning2:

2. heanic

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Maybe distance yourself, one; to stop yourself getting hurt and two; to work on your own confidence and maybe get yourself out on the dating scene...being around people that bring u down is good for no one