1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am i losing my mind over her!?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by heanic, Apr 2, 2015.

1. heanic

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I recently posted on here that I was struggling to get over my first love. This was apprx 2 years ago.
    we met through work and secretly became involved, txting and phoning all day everyday, sleeping together when we got chance to see each other outside of work. we openly admitted that we loved each other, it was so very intense but she decided that due to her ex living in my town (who was stalking her and causing lots of problems) and as we worked for the same company, and I wasn't out yet we couldn't be together as it wouldn't work and she didn't want to get hurt or hurt me.

This broke my heart and I tried everything in my power to make it better, I eventually came out and got a new job, but by this point too much time had passed and she started dating someone else and so did I in hopes my feelings would dissolve.

she had always hated anyone paying me attention and obviously didn't like me having a girlfriend as I got a few sly digs via text message...but not so long ago she split with her girlfriend.

now around about this time I saw her on a night out, she was with some of our work collegues and she came to talk to me alone and asked me if I was happy, I told her I was, but in my head I was desperate to tell her I missed her. She mentioned how things are different now that I don't work where she works and we could do whatever we wanted. I laughed it off but it broke my heart yet again.. then as I was leaving I went to say goodbye to her and my old colleagues, and as I gave her a hug she whispered in my ear "Love you". I walked away but i swear my eyes were filling up. Its been nearly 3 years since we had anything serious going on between us.
    I have a girlfriend of 1 year yet I think about her everyday and this past week iv been dreaming about her every night..without fail

Not a day goes by that I don't think about her or wish that she message me. its driving me insane.

I guess I just want to know if anyone else has ever felt like this and will it ever go
    away.:bang::tears:

#1 heanic, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  2. wasgij

Aww dammit! Grab the bull by the horns! Don't keep waiting, send her your own text. Make time for a nice romantic DVD night or something to catch up. She probably walked on hot coals to whisper "I love you" in your ear, so do *something* please! As a random person on the Internet, I'm begging you!

---------- Post added 4th Apr 2015 at 01:49 AM ----------

Oh, I missed the part about you having a gf of 1 year.

I say catch up as friends, there's nothing wrong with that. You can't deny your feelings. TBH, I'm not sure how 'loyalty' is supposed to work in these sorts of situations. Are you being honest with your partner if you secretly miss someone else and hold strong feelings for them, but you don't tell your partner?

If a relationship is strong, it should withstand that challenge. Maybe couples should be able to confidently talk to each other about 'crushes'? But if the pull is strong, maybe it's an opportunity for something better?

3. heanic

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Lol i love your reply.hahaha...Well i love my current girlfriend but im not in love.. i felt a massive difference with my first love. I do in a way feel guilt that i cant feel for my current gf how i felt for her because she deserves the world. I just wish i could tell my first how im still feeling and decide whats best from there..its hard. She does txt me every so often to ask how i am but i darent ask if she wants to talk. Thanks for ur reply by the way. Much appreciated :slight_smile: