1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I have a question...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Young Blood, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm currently becoming really good friends with this guy I met online. Unfortunately he lives in the U.S. We haven't been able to Skype or anything, but we're really trying to. We're hoping to meet one day and see if we become something more. Right now, we're sticking with really good friends with a romantic element. However, our conversations are limited to just Facebook messaging. Do you guys think it's possible for two people to really connect with just messages? He believes that you can. My step mom had a "conversation" with me this morning about it and usually I don't let her get into my head, but somehow she did today and I started having doubts about us to the point that I had a mini panic attack...I mean, I really do like him and I love talking to him. I feel comfortable with him and we have A LOT in common, which is a lot more than I can say about other people I've talked to. I guess I'm just scared that after all this time messaging each other, we're gonna Skype and maybe meet one day and we're gonna find that we don't really like each other as much as we thought we do or would. I don't know, I guess I want a third party opinion on this...and please be honest. None of the sugar coating. Just give it to me straight. I really just want honest opinions.

Thanks to whoever reads all this and responds :slight_smile: It means a lot (*hug*)

2. TraceElement

I have a few questions before I answer.
    Do you have any mutual friends?
    How did you two connect on facebook?
    How come you two haven't skyped? No video thing?
    Have you thought about texting?

3. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. No mutual friends.
    2. We met on another website and then we started talking on Facebook because we didn't want to talk on the other site.
    3. We haven't been able to work around each other's schedules and my step mom doesn't know too much about us and I don't want her to know...that and she takes my laptop all the time and made me delete Skype.
    4. I rarely have my phone as she takes that too and I don't believe my current plan includes international. Even if I had my phone, my step mom will read the messages. And like I said i don't want her to know more about us. All she knows is that I've been talking to a guy in the U.S. (How she found out is beyond me though...)