1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this is taking a toll on me...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Pinky, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Pinky

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So my girlfriend is really depressed and suicidal right now. It doesn't help that I have depression myself. I feel like my medicine has helped me stabilize it. I know its bad to date someone with depression themselves but I couldn't help but like her back...I guess I screwed myself in a way but I chose it....always trying to help her is wearing me down and bringing me back to my old self...I can feel myself slowly getting depressed again. She was always there for me when I was depressed and got hospitalized. I care about her so much, I love her in a way as a person but not in love. We been dating for a week now but we have always had something there but it wasn't out in the open. After her mother caught us holding hands in her room I've been feeling guilty...her mother doesn't like gay people. I just learned today that her mother and brother don't want me coming over no more...When I was in the hospital I never knew but my mother told her mother that she didn't like her hanging around me and she was the reason I was depressed....Which makes no sense at all I know...we also aren't publicly open and no one knows we are dating...all this shit is taking a toll on me, not only her depression but also how our families don't like one another...this is just so hard...she said my mother wouldn't like it if she came over so now she wouldn't want to come over too...we live on the same block and we have to hide even hanging out...I don't know how I can do this....its only been a week since we are already being hated for being together even though no one knows we are together now....what should i do?...separate? man up and get through the hard part? I don't want to break up just because we are having a rough patch. We like each other...being together makes other people unhappy...this is so unfair and frustrating...so depressing...TT____TT

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Both of you please reach out immediately if you feel really depressed.
    You can call here for example:
    The Trevor Project

You should both talk to a counselor. They should help you sort this out and talk to parents etc.

You might talk to a counselor at school or to the person giving you meds. They should refer you to a counselor, possibly with lgbt background.

You might ask at plannedparenthood or the next lgbt center near you, for example.

hugs