1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just friends or flirting?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by antplant, Apr 3, 2015.

1. antplant

antplant Guest

I've never really had close friendships with girls except for the people I've known my whole life... How can you tell, especially over text, that a girl could possibly be into you, or if she is just being friendly...? Also, what about in person? (I usually socialize with guys, so I'm not quite sure of the dynamics of texting with girls...)

(!)

2. nohalos

Hello!

To be honest, it is harder to tell from text because there are no physical clues to give it away (e.g. stealing glances, always looking for you, etc). But in my experience, (yes, girls have flirted with me I can't even believe someone would find me interesting) in text, girls seem to have this way of finding something to praise you on.

For example, there was this girl who was a schoolmate of mine and chatted me up in social media during grad practice. Before she did, we met at a 7-11, she was eating popcorn and stuff and I was waiting for someone..... okay irrelevant, but when she did chat me up, she was giving me praises left and right, like "You looked cute today in your toga" and "I think anyone would be interested in you. You're talented something something". Of course I was grateful but I sensed that she was really hitting on me and I had to tell her I don't swing that way. And the cat's out of the bag and she was like "Oh damn, I actually find you really interesting."

So yeah, I don't really know if this helped but if you read it, I hope for the best for you!