1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he? Or isnt he?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Amphabulous123, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Amphabulous123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So, ive liked this guy for quite a few years now (4 to be exact), he knows that I am gay and that I have liked him in the past, but he doesnt know that i still like him... ive even dated people other than him and still liked him when I was in those relationships. He says that he is incredibly flattered that I have liked him and In fact has even been hanging around me even more since then, and we even frequently make eye contact when in class even when we are sat at opposite sides of the classroom. Hes a very physical person and he likes to hug people and makes a lot of contact with me, even though he has said to me that he is a very laid back person who normally doesnt like to be touchy-feely.

However, he is definitely not fully gay... he has had sex with 4 different girls but he regrets having sex with all of them. He is quite open to me about his crushes and im normally the first to know, though he generally doesnt get much luck with girls that live around here (tthe other girls are either foreign or were from another part of britain) and has frequently said how he finds women charming.

But I once said to him that your lack of success might be down to the fact that you havent found yourself fully yet. He seemed to react to this posiitively....

Anyway I definitely get a very gay vibe from him and I sometimes even catch him staring at my 'behind' when I turn around. Some of his friends have told me that he is gay but Im too shy to confront him and ask him ahout it.
    I need help and it would be greatly appreciated

2. robclem21

There doesn't seem to be much evidence here that he is gay and the fact you like him greatly impacts your ability to objectively view the situation. Perhaps his regret with these girls are that it was shallow sex that had no meaning rather than the fact that it was with a girl?

There is always a chance he could be bisexual, given that he reacted positively to what you asked him, yet again your views are probably a little bias and maybe more likely he brushed off the topic cause its obvious he is straight.

Friends are also not always a reliable source. If he was gay and has told other friends, but not you, wouldn't that seem a little weird to you?

3. likesboys

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hmmm i'm curious why he regrets having sex with these girls. that could be a sign.
    some guys sleep with many girls, to better confirm how they feel about it, whilst potentially trying to find themselves.

when you told him you liked him? what was his exact response?
    does he frequently verbally say he is straight ?

the fact he knows you are gay and that you like him, creates an easier platform for you to be open with him when you are ready to ask him any questions you may have.

if his friends have said he is gay, its definitely worth finding out if they are telling the truth. I think you need to find the courage to have this conversation with him.

4. Foz

Foz Guest

The only pointer you've really got it the fact that he regrets having sex with those girls, it could mean one of two things. One, he is in fact gay. Two, he is looking for a more permanent relationship with a girl and one night stands don't fulfil that desire. Given balance of probability, my bet is on the latter.

But you never know, how old are both of you? You say "class" so I assume teenagers, it isn't entirely unlikely that he just hasn't found himself yet.

5. nohalos

Not much evidence here, but maybe you can try dropping subtle hints? Like, flirting on the real low, see if he reciprocates.

This might sound crazy, but what if he's gay only for you? That would be so cool!

#5 nohalos, Apr 4, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  6. Amphabulous123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you for the support on this forum! <3

It turns out that he was bisexual but was very uncomfortable with it, i have helped him come to terms with his sexuality but he said that he's not ready for a relationship yet :bang:... But, we are now talking almost everyday and we are getting close

oh and btw, we are both 16