1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I think I need a CAR

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by redghost, Apr 4, 2015.

1. redghost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi emptyclosets,

I'm 20 (months away from 21) and I don't own a car. I can barely drive because I don't have a lot of experience, I've been busy with school and my job. Anyway, I was saving up for a car last year when I had a funding problem with school (thanks Congress) and the money I saved up—precious weeks spent at that awful monotonous job—I had to use for tuition instead.

It hasn't been too bad, but now I'm talking to a few guys (hookup app, I know, I know) and I was wondering if me not having a car makes me less... desirable? Give me your thoughts. If a guy's good-looking and pretty cool, how would you feel if he didn't have a car? Annnnd if you had to pick him up for a hookup?

2. Foz

Foz Guest

I don't think it makes anyone less desirable, most people my age are at uni and can't afford a car.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I suppose there's a convenience factor involved, but honestly, if someone's going to rule you out because you don't have a car (assuming that you live a reasonable distance -- a few miles -- from one another), that's not someone I'd want to be with.

4. LiamP

Yeah if a person is desirable their desirable with or without the car I suggest meeting the hookup guys at a nuteral spot clost enough (walking distance) to wherever you stay.

Besides the fact that most uni students are nowhere near getting cars more stressed about student loans the inconvinent truth. Hahah

5. redghost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You guys are speaking real truth haha, who can afford a car at this stage? And if someone passes me over because it takes some effort, it's not worth it. I am only 3 miles from this guy. Quick drive, long walk though because there's a major intersection and freeway between us.

6. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hook-ups are usually trivial and purely for fun, many guys want something quick and take a guy that's closer out of convenience. It's not something serious. They may be stingy about time and gas money. There are nice people though and yet others who prefer quality other than convenience. It depends. The guys in question are the judge of that.
    I often feel like a burden in these types of situations. That just kills my mood. So I avoid them. The point is to have fun. I don't want to be someone's responsibility. I don't think that makes you less desirable but like you lol, I still wish I had a car!.....I'm just a bad driver >.<

#6 xylaz, Apr 4, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  7. redghost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    And I can always work something out, like "you provide the ride, I'll treat us to jamba juice"... though that might turn a simple hookup into something complicated. Or is it? I mean picking up something nice at the drive-thru window before hooking up, is that normal?

8. June Cleaver

I could care less... I gave Jesse my last man, two cars over the time we were together so it was no issue to me and as of now I don't have one and find no problem with guys wanting me. After all they want me not the car! April 10 2014 I can have my licence back and have no immediate plan to reinstate it. When you do buy one research the crash tests on youtube on the model you want to be sure the safety is there. I did that and decided on the S80 I totaled September last year and put in one album on here as a example of alcohol and driving don't mix though I thought I was fine to drive home at the time. I walked from the wreck without a scratch and amazingly my dog did too. Also a car is a big expense these days and your money sounds tight so why take on more when you are getting by? June