1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me figure this out, please.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by hephzibah, Apr 5, 2015.

1. hephzibah

hephzibah Guest

I'm currently a junior in college and live with 3 other girls. I came out as bi to my roommates back in October (one of my other roommates did as well, but that's not pertinent to this post). They were supportive of me and we all moved on with our lives. Then in late November, my roommate E got sick with pneumonia and was hospitalized for 4 days. While she was there, I went and visited every chance I got and texted her when I wasn't with her. There was nonstop communication, even after she was released and went home for Thanksgiving. I suppose I should mention that E and I have been friends since before we went away to school and we are from the same hometown, so I saw her a lot while we were on break. During this ordeal, I started developing feelings for her.

Fast forward to this past January. For the last few months, I've noticed E doing some things that make me question whether she has feelings for me. For starters, when we're watching TV or something on the couch, we start off by being at opposite ends. After some time, she'll inch closer to me, making sure her feet are touching mine. If she's not in a proper position for our feet to be touching, she'll adjust herself until they are. Sometimes, she'll lay against my legs, using them as a pillow of sorts. This always happens when the other roommates aren't in the apartment. There have also been a couple times when I'll be laying in bed on my phone and she'll come and lay next to me. I have a small bed, so while she's not cuddling with me or anything, there is some touching going on. She never stays for long, but long enough to make me wonder.

Am I over-thinking things, or does it seem like she has some interest in me? None of this started until after I came out, so maybe I'm reading too much into it? She has only ever mentioned being interested in guys, in case anyone was curious about that.

2. Really

It certainly sounds like there could be something there. How does she look at you? Long meaningful eye contact? Unfortunately, I don't think there's a foolproof way to tell short of talking to her.

3. hephzibah

hephzibah Guest

Yeah, I figured that'd be the case. I'd love to outright ask her, but I don't want her to stop doing all of this stuff if she says she's not into me... :redface: it just makes me feel good about myself.

Anyway, I don't think she makes long meaningful eye contact, at least not that I'm aware of. I'll be seeing her tomorrow, so I'll get better observations then. Haha.

4. Really

I don't know if this will help but what if next time you're "cuddling", you light-heartedly suggest you're enjoying this special time. Make it jokey but her reaction might give you some idea.

5. hephzibah

hephzibah Guest

I'll give it a shot! Thanks! :slight_smile: