1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some relationship advice, please?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AnotherQueer, Apr 5, 2015.

1. AnotherQueer

Perth, the weirdest and furthest place from
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've been going out with my boyfriend for just over 2 months now, we've done plenty of stuff in the bedroom and that's not the problem at all. We met through friends some time late last year, then I got to know him more (apparently he really liked me since we first met) and then I came to like him.
    The problem that I'm facing is that I find it difficult to talk to him about deeply personal stuff, for the reasons that he doesn't either, I don't know how he'll respond, and I don't want to disrupt the great connection that we (did?) have.
    I simply need advice on what to do, how to approach him, because each time I try I can't, then I get stressed out about it. Please help.

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like your placing a self imposed moratorium from talking to him. And the problem mighty be exasperated to the extent he feels the same way as you.

Have you considered just expressing your desire to want to talk to him on a more personal level, but being open with him that you do not want it to impact your relationship. My initiating the discussion, you might be lifting a weight off of his shoulders as well.

By doing so I a manner which you express the relationship as is is important, you minimise any risk.