1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuck This "Family"

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AngelWings17, Apr 6, 2015.

1. AngelWings17

AngelWings17 Guest

I feel like I'm getting to a point where I'm about ready to shut out my immediate family with the exception of my oldest sister.

My other older sister has just pushed me too far this time. She called me a freeloading leach... Again... We may share genes but we are not sisters.

I'm done. I'm just fucking done with this shitty "family."

:***: :tantrum:

2. Vesalius

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    We can't choose our family but we can choose our friends. We have an innate connection to our caregivers and those we grow up around but if that relationship is unhealthy it needs to be changed.

If you are not benefitting from having them in your life then talking to them about how they are making you feel is the best step forward. I don't talk to one of my siblings and it's a really big step to take. If they still don't respect you and treat you well, then maybe taking a break from your family could help. A family is just a support system, if it's dysfunctional we have the option of finding friends that can create a healthy support system for ourselves. Stay strong and look out for what will make you safe and happy.

3. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm a big fan of the concepts of "family of origin" and "family of choice" - in some cases it's the same people, but they don't have to be.