1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Lesbian girlfriend just came out as straight?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by cloudyday, Apr 7, 2015.

1. cloudyday

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey guys,
    Just writing to ask for a little advice.

My lesbian girlfriend of 3 years just admitted to me that she thinks she might be straight. She said that she doesn't really find girls attractive anymore but finds herself more attracted to males. She has confirmed she still loves me and wants me but I feel really weird about it. I am uncomfortable with the idea that she finds males more attractive. I feel like I can't give her what she wants.

We've have some problems lately in regards to her sexuality. I discovered that she had signed up to a straight dating service online. She had only been active and had never contacted anyone or anything but gee. I dunno, I kinda freaked out. Then I found out these two guys were crazy in love with her, and they would send her messages saying "i miss you" "you're so sexy" and all this crazy stuff and it made me really angry. She never replied, but the fact she didn't say stop it or anything really annoyed me.

It was only recently that I discovered that she send a really provocative image to one of these guys.

I dunno what to do.
    I'm lost.

She never admitted any of this to me, I nagged her for ages until she admitted it. I don't know how to feel or what to do. I still love her but I'm worried? What if she leaves me down the track for a man? She says she still loves me and wants me but I'm afraid to continue in case i get hurt.

Help
    ?

Help?

#1 cloudyday, Apr 7, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey cloudyday, welcome to EC!

There are two issues here:

1) her questioning

2) her infidelity

The first is an honest admission on her part of what she is going through, unfortunately, there isn't much you can do about that.

The second is more serious. Infidelity is not about fooling around physically with someone other than your partner, it also involves emotional infidelity, straying eyes which are heightened by our ability to communicate so freely with others.

You need to call it what it is: a betrayal, whether something happened or not, the time she is spending flirting and sending pictures is simply unacceptable for the relationship to remain standing.

Your task is to judge whether this is acceptable to you, and if it isn't, only you know what needs to be done.

3. luminescence

Well the issue here is that she sent that provocative image, despite her telling you that she loved you. I'm not saying this because I want you guys to break up, but I think you're honestly better off without her right now, since you know, I have a feeling it's only a matter of time till she confronts you about wanting to be officially straight. Plus, she seemed to respond to those guys which is a pretty huge sign that she may be cheating on you. (Because as long as she isn't being honest about everything to you, and hides stuff from you, that's cheating)

But it's really your decision since you'll know if you can work it out or not.
    Best wishes.

4. danielo21

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It would be good to know more context. How old is she? Did she sleep with guys before your relationship? Do her parents approve of your relationship?
    It would be very weird for someone to make such a big change from lesbian to straight. I think we are facing three options

1) She is curious and wants to experiment
    2) She is bisexual and suddenly misses guys
    3) She is a lesbian but she hasn't accepted herself and wants to be straight.

In any case, she is going quite fast and is contacting other people behing your back. If she wants to be with a guy,she should talk with you before about her sexuality, and not chat with guys behing your back

You have information about her. What of the options do you think is the most probable?

5. cloudyday

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    She's 26 years old, she's slept with a lot of guys back in the day.. I don't know why, she said she's been fighting (being straight) for ages. Her parents want her to be straight but they've long accepted her being gay. I don't understand why its happened all of a sudden, she says that she "doesn't feel gay anymore".
    It's probably number 2? :/

6. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

What the fuck? For fuck sake! I swear to god I hope I never get a girlfriend like this! First and for most ''ew'' that she finds guys attractive :eek: no offense but wtf :lol: Once I got turned on by a girl I never really understood straight girl attractions. I never did to begin with I think. Anyway.. Tell her you want nothing to do with her (if that's how you feel) Because that is CERTAINLY how I would feel! I would HATE it if a girl I was dating suddenly seen guys as more appealing then me (if that's how she thinks of you.. throw the bitch out) Seriously.. that's messed up. Good luck.

7. WestCoastluver

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You need to have a honest conversation with her and fast. It'll hurt op, but you'll save a lot of heartbreak and TIME later on. She needs to tell you the truth about what's going on with her head, she's owes you at least that as her lover. Other guys should not be the focus in this relationship only you.