1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I ask him out?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dopplershift94, Apr 7, 2015.

1. dopplershift94

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A new guy a work just started at the place where we work at a grocery store. We're the same age (college students), and he's super attractive.

I know that he's gay as well.

I want to approach him and get to know him, but we work in different departments so I don't really get to work with him.

I don't know any ideas to start a conversation with him with. What's a good topic to start a conversation with him, and how do I ease it to the topic of asking him out on a date?

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks! :slight_smile:

2. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Try asking him if he would like to grab some lunch or dinner with you :slight_smile: As for starting a conversation a simple "Hey, how are you?" can help get things started. remember to be yourself at all times hun! Never try to be someone you are not just to impress another person! That's what I have for now, but if I come up with anything else I'll be sure to let you know n_n Best of luck!!

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Since you're both college students, you can ask him something about that (what's your major, what do you do for fun, etc.). Try to find some connection so you aren't so nervous because you like the same thing. You don't need to do everything at once, and eventually you can ask him out for something simple like coffee or lunch. Even just saying hello and smiling every time you see him will give a positive message.

4. Runner5

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Walk up to him and ask if he would like to go on a date.

5. MeganMarie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    FInd out what he likes, does he like movies or ask him to have a drink after work. You don't have to make it an official date. Asking someone if they want to get coffee or a drink is the perfect way to see if there is sparks. Then while you are enjoying the conversation asking if he would like to go out.

But way back in my dating years I found to be specific and to the point. Meaning hey would you like to go out sometime is to general. If your free Saturday night would you like to go to the movies and dinner.

6. dopplershift94

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the advice everyone! I'm going to ask him out the next chance that I get to see him at work. :slight_smile:

7. anon991

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Good luck! Sorry, I just felt like adding my good will!