1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant - Sorry...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by CJliving, Apr 8, 2015.

1. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My exboyfriend has been after me to try to reconcile. We broke up because he couldn't understand, accept, or support my gender. I've tried explaining it to him over and over again, and just now again, I tried to really break it down for him. He still doesn't get it, he still sees nothing wrong with him thinking I'm a 'girl' as long as everyone else doesn't. Normally I don't experience much social dysphoria but this is pushing me!

He's blaming work stress and me "not explaining it" to him as to why it didn't work before and he wants a chance to prove he can change how he thinks of me. But I don't want to put myself through that and honestly I don't trust that he can change how he thinks.

Okay. I think it's over. Both the rant and my never-ending conversation with him. (Except of course now he's mad, God help me! And today was such a good day too! :frowning2: )

2. MeganMarie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sorry some people just can not wrap there head around transgender. As you stated you can deal with others outside your circle not getting it but you really want people you care about to get it.

Hugs and best of luck

3. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks, I'm good now! :slight_smile: I just needed to vent last night while it was happening.

He called me out for being selfish and honestly at that point I was like, I don't even care. I'm doing what's right for me, that's the important part.

4. MeganMarie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That is a great plan! Best of luck to you!