1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Past straight relationships

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by SaltyCaramel, Apr 9, 2015.

1. SaltyCaramel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    For those of you that dated people (heterosexual) while you were in the closet, how did exes react when they found out that you were actually LGBT+?
    I'm just curious. I dated a guy for a solid year before I realized I was a lesbian and I can't even imagine what his reaction would be if he knew now.

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well its simply difficult to tell.
    Some people say they might have guessed... some people simply accept it...

some people might feel hurt, so it might be a possibility to talk a bit about it... maybe over text or phone if they might react a bit angry...

but, well, I'd say many people accept it if you are happy now...

hugs

3. Verb

Shocked I suppose, but supportive. Although my ex didn't take me seriously at first. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But after that he was always supportive. We did however lose contact for about two years - not cos of any antipathy or anything, just cos we had our own things going on.

We've never really talked about how he felt about it and I think it's best left that way. I don't actually want to know all the thought processes he went through at the time. The important thing to me is that he accepts me now. =)