1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I get him to stop pushing me away.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Cesar123, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Cesar123

So recently I've gotten into a relationship with this guy I really like. We use to date in the past but never decided to make it official until know. I really care about him and have feeling for him but he it feels like she keeps pushing me away in order to protect him. This happened the last time we dated, it was very intense in the beginning but he gradually kept pushing me away for some reason till we stopped dating. Now the spark is reignited and it has become "official" but I feel as if he is starting to do it again. Usually it comes up when he is unhappy with something I did - Today he wanted to talk on the phone and I couldn't. So for the rest of the day he would refuse to talk about his feelings ( he always talks about how he is feeling to me even if I don't ask which is why it's unusual ) and downgrades me to friend level ( no kissing, no cuddling, no intimicay, etc. ) and talk to me as if I'm one of his friends. This is so frustrating because I want to talk about what is making him upset but he refuses too because in that moment he won't share his feelings with me. The last time, it gradually built up to the point I was constantly in that friend zone level which is why we stopped talking. Now we're official but he is starting to do it again and its concerning me because I don't wanna lose him this time.

P.S we stopped talking around July of 2014. Started talking again last month and within a week we were calling each other boyfriends.

2. JedenPolska

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That does sound complicated. Maybe you should just sing that Avril Lavigne song to him, and he'll get the message...jk. Anyway, do you know if he is out to his family and friends? If not, it's possible that he's scared of coming fully out of the closet. Also, this could possibly be his first intimate relationship, and he's not quite ready to commit. But it does sound like he's hiding something from you. For all you know, he may be cheating with you, and only starts acting like a bf when he's tired of the other guy. He may be bipolar or have another psychological disorder. Just try to approach the topic gently, but also annoyed. He needs to know that whatever you have means a lot to you.

3. Cesar123

JedenPolska - Yikes! Those are some scary things to think about lol. He is out to everyone including his family. He has never been another intimate relationship, so i would be his first. He also would never cheat on me or keep as a side boyfriend, he is really not like that and wants a closed monogamous relationship.

4. likesboys

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey Cesar! X

It does seem like he is hiding something , but maybe not something bad. Just something he is uncomfortable saying. What I would do, is push for a deep and personal talk with him , tell him that you really like him, but for this to work, he needs to be open and honest .. As you can clearly see something is up with him.
    As long as you focus on the positives and tell him how much you like him and wanna be with him . He shouldn't get defensive , but should feel more inclined to open up to you . Refer to the last experience you guys had, explaining you don't want a repeat of that situation , as you have both grown and come a long we since then, you believe this time round you can be better together if he just opens up to you, also Maybe play victim a tiny bit and ask 'have I done something wrong' that way he should feel some slight guilt and a little more obligated to tell you the real issue. Although unfortunately we can't rule out that something may be bothering him that you have said or done.... It's still the best way forward. Sit him down, or call him up . Face to face is best though I think.