1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does it even matter if i come out

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Hillthrill, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Hillthrill

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So ive realized that i like both sexes, not always equally, but i know i can enjoy life with both. My problem is a have an issue with body dysmorohic disorder. Its really all in my head because im somewhat attractive. I just feel like i dont need to come out because no one is going to want to date me anyway? Like id just be alone and hated for being gay or bi. Shouls i just do it for myself or wait until someone gives me the courage to want to.

2. Foz

Foz Guest

If you don't come out then it will be much, much harder to meet someone. So in 10 years time you may think no one wants you because of how you look, but it's actually because you're not out! I used to think there's no point in coming out as no one would want me, but it doesn't help and only makes you feel worse.

3. healthjunkie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I also think that it would be a lot easier to meet someone if you're out. That's aside from just being aligned with who you really are. I used to think the same way until I came out to a few closed ones and it made me realize that coming out helped me accept myself further and not wait for an approval from anyone.

#3 healthjunkie, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2015