1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No one understands...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by HiAndBi, Apr 10, 2015.

1. HiAndBi

Heya,
    I've been having some tough times recently - I'm broken-hearted, lonely, sad, angry, and dealing with the loss of a family member.
    I have also been doubting my sexuality, and I wish I had someone to talk to about it. None of my friends are LGBT, at least as far as I know - and I have a pretty good gaydar. Not that they'd have to be LGBTQA+, but they wouldn't be able to relate.
    I feel like I need someone that I can be close to, to talk about pretty much anything. The problem is, I'm very shy and don't really know who I can trust..
    I am starting, however, to take baby steps with my straight best friend. We were at the mall the other day, and I occasionally pointed out girls who were cute. I'll go further from there, hopefully to the point where I can speak more freely around my friend.
    Any tips for finding (and making) good friends?

2. sappho06

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey! I understand how lonely it feels. To answer your question, finding and making good friends takes time, and should happen naturally. It's good that you've started coming out to that friend of yours, well done on that. :slight_smile: I also had trouble with trusting people when I was questionning my sexuality, but that's normal. Really, most LGBTQAI+ people have been through the same thing as you, and trust me, it doesn't last forever and you'll feel great once you start coming out. It takes time and it's pretty nervewracking, but if the people around you are supprotive then it's worth it. :slight_smile: If you ever need to talk, know that there are loads of people here ready to listen (or read), including me. :slight_smile:

3. HiAndBi

@sappho06
    Thank you ^.^

4. Shino

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi there!
    I was about 14 when I started to think I may like women. At that point in my life I thought I was bisexual.

Initially I was afraid that my friends wouldn't want to know me anymore or would laugh at me and mock me for feeling that way, so I kept it inside and let it eat away at me for about 2 years.
    I realised that it wasn't the best thing to do as it only made me miserable and gave me the feeling that I was masking my true self and keeping the true me inside.
    You should never feel like you have to disguise how you feel, especially to people who you believe are friends, and as you say, a 'best' friend.

A true friend should want the best for you, and want you to be happy.
    You don't have to come out directly to them and say you ARE bisexual or give yourself a label.. but pointing out beautiful girls is a good thing to do if it's what you believe.
    I think you're doing the right thing, and you should stick to your own pace.
    Maybe when your friends come to a realisation of how you may be feeling, whether this happens slowly or quickly, they will understand and be supportive. If that's not the case, and if they give you pain for this, you shouldn't retreat back into a shell.
    Anyone who judges you for being who you are is frankly undeserving of your friendship and I have no doubt that you will meet new people soon. You're still young, you have many adventures coming to you and heaps of people still to meet.

Just take your time, be honest with yourself and your friends, try to relax and let the answers come to you.

You'll work it out in time ♡

5. HiAndBi

@Shino
    Thank you! I'm slowly working on coming out to my friends at theatre - they are my second family to me <3