1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about feelings for boyfriend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sonoa, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Sonoa

Out Status:
    Some people
    So i'v had my first boyfriend, we first met through a skype call introduced by a classmate mate of mine. We eventually met each other in real life and have become best friends ever since.

At first i did feel something for him, he was the first ever person to share practically all of my interests which has been a rare thing to find, i was hoping so much that he felt the same towards me that time. Well he did apparently and we started a relationship. But that feeling gradually went away, i no longer feel any kind of "attraction" towards him like i did the first few times we saw eachother. I still like his company and he's the only one whos ever understood me and the only one i could talk to for hours on end but i just cannot feel any attraction anymore other then being close platonic friends.

I'm not sure i am asexual but i doubt that i am cause towards some other guys i still feel attraction. I admit he does not fall into the category of what i find attractive but i still love him platonically. I feel shallow and selfish but i cant help it, im not sure what to do. When i came out to him and he mentioned that we would still be friends but no longer lovers anymore and i felt relived? when he said that, i thought it made it easier for me to find somebody who i could truly love. He actually still options for the relationship to continue (i am unsure if he will still continue this once i fully transition to a guy) But i'm afraid i wouldnt be able to find somebody thats as similar as him in personality and that i find attractive so i'm stuck in a win/lose situation. I either stay with him to be happy but never go further then being in a platonic relationship without getting to intimate or i find somebody else i can fully love and be with but with a very rare chance of that happening.

Best case scenario for me right now is that i find somebody whos attractive and also share similar interests while my ex? bf still stays as my best friend. Easiest way for this to happen is that if my boyfriend no longer wishes for a relationship after i transition. I just feel so shallow and so sorry for how i am. I'm not sure how do i fully love somebody without being attracted to them in a sexual sense. I havent told him any of this yet, i dont know how to approach this to him without a definite answer to what i want/should do. I'm just really confused and need some guidance on this thank you.

TDLR: I once loved my BF but the feeling has toned down into a friendship love-no longer attracted to him. I dont feel like i can have a future with him but at the same time i do. I either have to choose between him but stay in a platonic relationship and never truly love someone or find somebody else who i am attracted to. Or if my boyfriend does not accept my transition in the end and ends the relationship himself, it would be the easiest solution.

#1 Sonoa, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well first it seems your feeling tells you want him as friend.
    I'd say its completely ok if you feel that way. You can't force love imo...

Well you might suggest you try on a friendship basis... being close friends...
    and see what his reaction is...

well you simply might look for someone... and please believe it is possible, this should help as well...
    you might give a few thougts to who you would like, and where you could meet such a person...
    not overthinking, just giving it a few thoughts...
    and I'd say just keep at it...
    people are in all kinds of relationships, so its possible...

hugs