1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm such an idiot!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Galenkenobi, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Galenkenobi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So, there is this really cute guy in my last hour, and he is like perfect, but i think i might have messed up any chance i would ever have with him. So the other day we were presenting health articles in health (my 7th hour) and i gave a report on coming out (can't remember specifics, not that the're important) but anyway, when i sat down he came over to me and started joking about how that was my way of coming out (few people in that class know about my being gay, and he isn't one of them) anyway, i blew it off saying when are you going to come out, totally joking. The bell rang and we all left the class, as we walked together, he said "why not now." I ask him what he meant by that, he told me he was bi. I honest to god thought he was kidding, since he has kidded me about it before, but he said he was serious, I said "Dude, stop lying its not funny." He told me he wasn't lying, i still didn't believe him, and i told him that. He told me "Fine, believe whatever the f**k you want!" and stormed off. I'm afraid he might have been coming out to me and i feel terrible that i might have made him feel terrible about himself, and about me.

Anyway, does anyone have any advice? Do you think he's gay (it sounds terrible, but i still have my doubts), and if he is, do you think there is anyway to get him so see how sorry i am, and if there is anyway possible to get him to go out with me?

Any advice would be appreciated!

2. Zippi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I can see why he was upset by your disbelief, but I can also see why you were hesitant to believe him. You could try asking him in private if he meant what he said earlier (maybe over text or PMing on social media if you're not feeling confident enough for a face-to-face right now), but be careful not to sound rude. If you just explain to him why you didn't initially believe him, I think he'd understand where you're coming from. As far as does he sound gay/bi to me: yes. He probably wouldn't have gotten so upset if it really was just a joke.

I hope you two are able to smooth things out! :slight_smile:

3. DarrenB

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you have his phone number, you could call him up to say you're sorry for what you said. It's more personal than text, but less scary than in person.

If you don't have his number, then I think you're only option is to work up the courage to talk to him and apologize for offending him. If he doesn't want to talk to you, then just keep trying every few days. If you're persistent in trying to talk to him, he should understand that your sorry eventually.

4. nohalos

^He said everything I wanted to say. But anyway, I do think that calling him up is the next best thing if you are a intimidated of seeing him in person (but it is the best and should be the most effective one to get your point across).

And when you do, you can always tell him how sorry you are that you have doubted him, because you didn't want to get your hopes up with him (or something). Maybe tell him how cute he is and is like perfect to you.

I guess he is kind of hinting that he's interested in you? But nevertheless, please do talk to him! It might be the start of something beautiful!