1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telling my bi friend I have a crush on her?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by cryptic, Apr 13, 2015.

1. cryptic

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We've been friends for three years and she knows I'm gay, just like I know she's bi. We kissed before but never talked about it. In February I sent her an empty Valentine without a signature or anything, but she knew straight away it was from me. I might be reading too much into things but I think she even flirted with me a few times. Our mutual friend knows that I've been crushing on her for almost two years and says that she knows too. I've got less than two weeks until graduation and I can't help but thinking that I should tell her. The only thing stopping me is the possibility of our friendship becoming awkward and us slowly drifting apart. I really don't want that, I can't afford to lose her. And maybe, just maybe, the feeling is mutual? So, my question is, should I tell her or not? And if so, how to I find the courage to do it?

2. Ortensia

Ortensia Guest

I would say tell her. You've kissed before, so there's a strong possibility of her having feelings for you. True; she might not. I understand your worries about this ruining your friendship, but think about it this way: most decent people would not let something like a crush get in the way of a perfectly good friendship. She's not going to be weirded out by the girl thing because she's bisexual herself. Worst case scenario is things get a little awkward between you at first, but that's something you can overcome. It's only awkward if you make it awkward. Plus, there's a good chance she'll like you back. If you don't tell her, you may well spend the rest of your life wondering if she might have liked you back, and what would have happened if you'd had the courage to go down that road. So if I were you, I'd go for it. X

3. cryptic

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you! I feel a bit sick, I wasn't even that nervous when I came out to her. But I think I'll do it tomorrow if there's an opportunity. I need to get my crap together :slight_smile:

4. Ortensia

Ortensia Guest

Woo, go you! Good luck and let us know how it goes :slight_smile: x

5. cryptic

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Bringing this back because I finally got the chance to tell her... She told me she had fallen for me hard a year ago but also hadn't said anything. She asked what should we do about it and I said if she was still willing to try I would be more than happy to do it. I hope we will work it out and it wasn't too late for me to tell her on Graduation Day. I'm really happy, thanks for the courage and everything :slight_smile:

6. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I'm so happy for you!