1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do any bisexuals feel like their friends don't believe them/judge them?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by suchconfusion, Apr 14, 2015.

1. suchconfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey guys!! An issue that's been bothering me for a while now is I'm very conscious of what everyone thinks of me in regards of my sexuality. And it's really sad, because it kind of goes along with those sexuality stereotypes. But I dislike mentioning being bisexual to my friends and people in general. I wouldn't say I particularly care what strangers have to say about me, but I'm constantly subconscious that my friends don't believe me. Many of them know and I feel like some of them wouldn't take me seriously and think I'm in a phase, or some of them will think I'm seeking attention or blowing up some small attraction I have (I'm particularly angry at myself about this one). I literally refrain from asking my friends for advice and I avoid talking about it and keeping it as vague as possible, even though I desperately need help with stress because I'm so confused. :/ There's only one friend I'm comfortable talking about it with. Does this ever go away? I feel so distant from people because I almost feel like I'm hiding a secret I'll be judged for, even though I know that's not true! Sometimes I even refer to myself as gay because I feel it's easier and gains quick acceptance than being "bisexual". I'm really frustrated with myself over this. Is it just me??? Does this happen to any on you guys? And has it gone away? I'm sorry guys, I know this is really bad :frowning2: and vaguely offensive. Thanks everyone :icon_sad:

2. Happy1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If they are truly your friends and they support you as you are then they will come around or learn to live with it. What helped me most is to live my life and learn to be comfortable with myself as I am. Remember that you are fabulous and colorful and the world is all the better with you in it! This too shall pass in time...

3. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I like just girls, but I agree it can be difficult but you have to be comfortable with yourself too. Let yourself feel the emotions and everything. Its actually helped me tell others---I think I am out at work now lol just because people talk and everyone who knows me says they dont care simply because its none of their business and they like me for who I am.

I was nervous because my manager didnt know and she had spoken about her brother being gay. I explained to her I liked girls and she's like I heard. We had a nice conversation about life and how the world is very judgemental and everything. This lady is 65 years old and told me I was a good person no matter what. There is a guy at work and I who now play a game on who can find the hottest girl lol. It helps when you tell people because like my manager said you will find the people who care dont give a damn because at the end of the day you are still you.

4. suchconfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    THanks for the replies. And, yeah, my friends aren't real if they don't support me. I don;t know what it is, but I think it's me. I keep doubting them, I keep sondering what they think of me. I don't truly know and it fucks me up

5. whosamelia

The few people that do know about my orientation completely support me (bless them), but not being solidly gay is definitely a factor that holds me back from telling more... I feel like they would start doubting me if I explained more than the fact I like girls.