1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This always happens

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AnotherQueer, Apr 15, 2015.

1. AnotherQueer

Perth, the weirdest and furthest place from
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So, for every relationship (2 so far with many dates before them) I have been the person that has been liked the most, also with most of the dates. The first guy I actually started calling my 'boyfriend' was a guy I met through this dating thing and he was a really interesting guy; he was really friendly and knew how to talk really deeply, yet he never spoke about himself in great length and seemed impersonal. The guy that I'm seeing now knows many of my friends, and we're becoming quite known within our social group. However, he really likes me, as friends have told me, yet I'm not sure if he does, or if he actually does then he doesn't know how to show it. And out of both of us, he definitely seems to be the one that is more interested in the other, similar to how I have been positioned in the other very short relationship. What I'm saying is that both the other guys did/do like me more than I like them, at least that is how it seems. With this, I have put my feelings into them because of them liking me.
    I consider the relationship I'm in now as much more 'real' because he has met my parents and we have many friends that join us when we hang out.

But I'm facing lots of confusion.

What is happening right now is that I feel I'm not ready for a relationship, or that I'm not capable to be in this one because of the inequity of the balance in likeness. We have spoke about it and our future is up in the air.
    Only once has their been a guy who I met and really really liked a lot, we went out for a date but I didn't hear from him anymore (and I got the message). Maybe since then I've let myself down by not properly regarding other people as I feel about them, or what I should do about the feelings that I may or may not have.
    I know that he doesn't really talk much, nor do I, so sometimes I find it challenging to say stuff that I want to, and he definitely prefers talking about anything through texting.

Basically, any advice on what I could do? I do feel that our relationship won't last forever because it's both our first relationship, and based on the idea that most of them don't end up in lifelong love or whatever, then I don't believe we will last so what's the point in being together?

Sorry for being so long and windy. I would like some advice, please.

2. amigec

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello. Seeing as you're having so much doubt about this relationship, you may want to take a break or end it completely. The way you describe it makes it seem like there isn't much substance at all, no chemistry between you two. You haven't said anything you liked about him, and you're having doubts about this relationship already. You don't even feel like you can talk to him, which isn't going to work in the future.

I don't know many of the details. How long have you been together? In the beginning relationships are usually casual, getting to know each other, etc. If you're not feeling that spark, and feel as if it's going nowhere, then call it quits.

Maybe you are detaching yourself a little. When you really are attracted to someone who doesn't seem as interested in you, sometimes you build your guard back even stronger. This happens to many people, and actually it's a good way to analyze what's important to you in your relationships. So my advice to you is go with your instincts. If your heart and head aren't into the relationship, then end it. You can go your separate ways and really focus on you. It's ultimately your decision and after you analyze the situation more, you'll know whether or not the relationship is right for you. I wish you all the best. Take care.