1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dealing with biphobia

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by azure au, Apr 15, 2015.

1. azure au

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have had an issue with someone in my partners social circle. She seems to have a problem with everything I say or do and I long suspected she is bi phobic. One night things were worse than usual and I was unwilling to put up with being spoken to rudely and I told her so. She completely flipped out and told me what she thought of me as a bi woman. I would prefer to skip the blow by blow description but she basically let it be known that she considers me to be less than her as a lesbian.

I get so angry about this. How a lesbian can have so little empathy for a bi person is hard for me to understand. I have to see her at social occasions and I am not sure how to handle it. Standing in the same room as her upsets me. I am wondering how others have dealt with this kind of problem.

2. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

I'd tell her, so you're going to treat me the same way a homophobic straight person might treat her...