1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hurt my bisexual ego

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Mystic flower, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Mystic flower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    And so I have come out to a couple dozen people that I find to be supportive in this homophobic community. One of them being my best friend since childhood. One of our friends is pregnant and so my best friend gives her a baby shower and guess who was not invited!

Of all people I thought my best friend would understand me and give me the support like no other because we have been there for each other. . . and so I woke up realizing it isn't so. It shows me that she is somewhat homophobic. I went to her for a problem a couple of weeks ago and I should have seen it. She said that once I fix my marriage, that everything will fall into place. Fix meaning I turn away from my bisexuality. We are both religious and our faith is Christianity, but her faith has always been stronger. But I guess my feelings are deeply hurt by the fact that now I am being excluded because of my sexuality. . . that is so unfair.

2. Ortensia

Ortensia Guest

I'm sorry this happened, I know it hurts :frowning2: all I can say is that,in coming out ro her, you've discovered that she is not your real friend. She may be strongly Christian, but isn't the essence of Jesus' teachings to love thy neighbour, to forgive others, and to not judge them? For her to shun you for this goes against more religious teachings I can think of than it adheres to.

It's absolutely unfair that you are being excluded, but at least you know that these people are not the kind of people you want around. Try to see that as a silver lining, and remember you're a beautiful person, regardless of what people say.

Sending you hugs x

3. Mystic flower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people