1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating again

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dano218, Apr 16, 2015.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My boyfriend passed away 2 months ago some you might know and after dealing with his death and deal with the big changes in my life I started I might want start dating again. First of all I loved my boyfriend and will always love him no matter who I fall in love with next and I don't want moving on to someone new to feel like I am insulting his memory. I think i should start out dating online again when I am ready because where I live it is easier and I had a lot of success with it before.

The things I worry about may seem irrational but it does worry me a lot. My boyfriend was 47 when he died and I am 24 years old. My preference has been towards older guys but now of course I am somewhat paranoid about engaging with someone that old with the fear they might die too young and unexpectedly too. Of course that is irrational fear probably and I should not have that fear but I cannot help but worry about it. Also it is not that I am strictly wanting someone older because I am open to any age group but the thought that more older men are open to commitment not just sex makes me more drawn to them. Any advice on this is appreciated!

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Try not to think in terms of insulting his memory. I don't think he would have wanted you to be alone (and unhappy) forever.

47 is not really that old, and even at 24, you could die tomorrow from any number of causes. I really don't think older men (at least older than you) are more open to commitment; that seems to be more a personality thing where some people are more interested in monogamy than others.

3. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks. It is just based on my experience with dating I am more successful with older men but that is not to say I am not open to all adult age groups. I always tried dating younger guys though and i always give more than what I get in return. With someone older I really never had that problem and with my older boyfriend it was the best relationship I ever had. But Illl get out there sooner or later and be open to any good person that comes around. It is just most of the guys I met always were interested in sex and at first are very nice to you than all sudden they drop you like you never mattered. But i know there are guys my age who are decent and mature people.

4. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  5. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well i started online dating toddy and already had success with this cute guy who is just nine years older than me and lives in the same town. Seems respectable and nice and hopefully we can have a good time together. IF anyone cares lol

6. stimpacks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm happy for you and a little jealous lol. I've always been afraid of online dating, did it one time and never again. Anyway, have fun and best of wishes for you

7. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thanks. in some situations dating online is the best way to do things and I'll see if this goes anywhere. I try not to get my hopes up because I don't wanna be disappointed.