1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crushing on a straight guy I can't get away from

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by mm123, Apr 17, 2015.

1. mm123

mm123 Guest

I'm currently going through my first year of college and I've hit a bump in the road... There's a guy in a couple of my classes who I've started recently crushing on. He's straight and has a girlfriend though so I know I'm gonna get no where with him. I keep telling myself this but I can't stop thinking about him that it's getting to the point where I'm depressed. I can't simply avoid him either because I have and am going to have classes with him for the next few years unless he or I switch majors. Any advice out there? :frowning2:

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't fight it. Accept your attraction, but also accept the fact that he is off-limits. Besides, in most college classes, you will have a large group of people, so it's not like you and he are forced to be interacting directly every day. Two solutions are to stop idealizing him (i.e. thinking he's so perfect, when he will have some flaws) and to just find other guys to crush on, preferably guys who seem single and maybe interested in men. Also, try to just hang out with friends who your respect so you doing keep thinking over and over about your crush.