1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dissonant on this one... :'(

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by kirbykirb33, Apr 17, 2015.

1. kirbykirb33

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi all,

I'm feeling really stuck right now. There's a guy who sweeps me off my feet. I've never felt like this before *cliche*. This is no exaggeration. It's like everything is new at the thought and especially sight of him. I've been really afraid to talk to him because we are so fundamentally different from one another. First off, he's younger than me and he's heterosexual. I know, I know... :eusa_naug This doesn't sound good already. I just can't help how he makes me feel. He's one of those athletic guys who's got the whole package. He's self-assured and charismatic but surprisingly friendly. He often socializes with people you'd never assume he'd even glance at. I feel like if I could just bring myself to be confident around him, we could have a really solid conversation and I could leave a good impression in his mind. Here's a problem...I'm out of school for spring break right now but when I get back to school in a week, I have 3 days left of classes before prepping for graduation. I've basically run out of time to get to know this guy better. My question to y'all is this; Should I have tried to get to know him and become his friend, knowing that I want more than friendship, but pursuing the satisfaction of seeing him and interacting with him? Or, should I move on with my life, grieve losing him and find a guy who's actually gay and available? This guy has made such an impact on me. From what I've gotten from him, he's incredible. However, he's not gay and we could never be in a relationship. This is why I'm torn.

What do you guys think?

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If he's really straight, then why do you pursue him? It would be like a straight girl who falls for you. You would feel very awkward and maybe embarrassed to reject her.

You always try to befriend him in this short period, but that may hurt you in the long run as you get your hopes up. You would have to accept the fact nothing may ever happen. I became friends with a very good-looking guy in my class who I had a slight crush on, but I learned pretty quickly he was straight and happily married. That actually made me more comfortable being around him, and I found my romantic feelings quickly dissipated.

There is no reason to grieve your loss because you never "had" him in the first place. Even in those three days, you could look for actual gay guys. Actually, how do you know he is straight in the first place? Don't assume if you don't know.

3. kirbykirb33

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for your thoughts. I know he is straight because he has a girlfriend. Also, I know that my friend and I are the only gay guys in my grade. No, we're not compatible for each other. We're just friends.

What I know is this; life is happening to me (I'm graduating) and I really have no choice in the matter. If an opportunity for me to talk to him presents itself in the final days of school, I'll take it. Otherwise, I'll just keep looking for a good gay guy to be with.