1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm in love with my best friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by HelloSweetie, Apr 18, 2015.

1. HelloSweetie

So, my best friend and I have been very close for many years. Since accepting that I'm bisexual I have realised that somewhere along the line I fell in love with her. The ironic thing is that when we were teenagers people would say we were a couple and that would really piss me off, but I was scared of liking girls then. Anyway I digress, she's straight, in fact she's engaged and pregnant, I'm so glad she's happy and I'm excited for her but it kills me too. She's the only person I'm out to, so I have no one to talk to about how I feel. I don't really know how you guys can help me, but I think just writing this down will help.

2. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Falling in love with a straight person sucks as it is, without all the other stuff :frowning2: If you need to talk, you can message me whenever you like (not that I'll be much use to you) (*hug*)

3. Miss PH fan

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've been there too. Fell in love with my best friend when I was 18. In my case, I decided to let her know that I loved her: sadly, she didn't love me back (she's straight), but to spell it out helped me a lot. We are still best friends, it was the hardest thing I've ever done, to stay next to her after my confession, but she did her best to help me go through it.
    I know your situation is different, she being pregnant and all, but I'm also here for you if you need a friend :slight_smile:

Good luck!! (*hug*)

4. cherry tree

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm sorry you're in that situation! Since your friend is engaged, you probably don't want to mess with her happiness, but that doesn't mean that you can't tell her if you want to.

I guess all you can do is to wait until you don't have those feelings for her anymore. Sadly, I don't know how to get over someone quickly. What is important is that you take care of yourself because going through something like this is stressful and it's easy to be too harsh to yourself. Are there any other friends you could talk to? I know you said you're only out to her but is there anyone else you could tell?

You can message me too, if you like! (Nice username, btw :icon_wink)

5. HelloSweetie

Thanks guys, it's nice to feel not quite so alone.

6. bi2me

I'm at least a little in love with my best friend too. She doesn't live near me, and I'm happily married with kids, but we talk when we can. For me, it's also hard to define friendship bc both of my best friendships (my now husband and her) turned sexual around the same time... Makes it confusing still.

Not to mention that I'm a bit socially awkward (still) but getting better every time I try - and a glass of wine helps. :slight_smile: