1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm crushing on my straight friend...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ilovestraights, Apr 18, 2015.

1. ilovestraights

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have two coworkers that are 18 and 19 years old (guy and girl). Long story short he was kicked out by his parents and he's been living with this girl for almost 2 years now and he's leaving for the navy in two months so they got engaged. I have developed very strong feelings for him and i started to be mean to him like a kindergartener is mean to a girl he secretly has a crush on. It got to the point where him and I were no longer talking at work so I met up with him last night and told him my feelings. He basically rejected me and said he wasn't into guys. I was actually expecting him to tell me he was bicurious because my friends and I have had suspicions about him. He always asks in detail about my hookups or who I'm talking to or flirting with. He would also comment on if a guy was cute or not when I gave my opinion and was curious in seeing the nude pics people would send me on ******. Any thoughts or opinions? I'm just in a huge pickle because although I told him my feelings it doesn't make me like him any less -____-

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not the answer you are looking for, but I'm afraid you have no choice but to accept his comments. Maybe he is curious, maybe not - only he knows the truth, but there is nothing you can do to influence him or change his mind, so it is fruitless trying. If you invest yourself too much in this situation you will only end up feeling more hurt and wounded. Try to put your energies into meeting someone who is available and looking for the same things as you.