1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accidental drama between my crush and a new friend.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Samantha44, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Samantha44

So, I have this crush on my friend Erin (she's a girl and I changed her name here for privacy reasons) and I believe she might have a crush on me. I mean, she hangs out with a lot of different friends than I do but when I'm around her and her friends and kinda awkward because I don't know them, she'll try really hard to make me more comfortable, and she'll find little reasons to spend more time with me and then she'll like test her head on my shoulder and lean in close to me and talk to me sometimes. Anyways, I was starting to accept my crush on her and was going to make a move soon when my friend Jordan (a guy I've just started being friends with, once again changed name for privacy) who doesn't know that I'm bisexual told me that he has a crush on my friend Erin. Now, me being all awkward, when he kept going back and forth about wanting me to tell her for him, and he finally ended on no he didn't want me to tell her, I accidentally brought up Jordan in conversation with Erin and things were said, Erin guessed that Jordan likes her, and I stayed silent, pretty much giving it away. I feel so awful, I never meant to hurt him or anything, I never meant to hurt anyone but I ended up hurting nth him and myself (because I just hate myself right now). So Erin doesn't like Jordan romantically, not even a little bit. Jordan found out that I accidentally spilled, he keeps reminding me that he hates me (not that I can blame him I hate myself). Now I'm not so sure about making a move on Erin anymore, and I don't know what to do with Jordan but I do know that if he keeps telling me how much he hates me I am going to lose it. I feel kinda like I'm stealing Erin from Jordan though? I mean Jordan told me that he's had a crush on Erin since 7th grade (we're all in 9th grade now) and I mean I've only liked her for a few months (that I know of) but j really like her a lot. So, I guess I'm just wondering what I should do?

2. PunkRockKitten

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Honestly I think it is very childish of Jordan to blame you for what happened. Regardless of whether or not Erin had found out about his crush on her, she does not like him. It's not your fault that Erin does not have romantic feelings for him, especially since this whole thing was an accident. And constantly telling you that he hates you for this is really immature. I think Jordan needs to grow up. Jordan has no claim to Erin so you're not stealing her. Who Erin decides to date is up to her and if she decides she wants to date you then Jordan needs to respect that. If he really did like her then he'd want her to be happy. I don't know if I would go after her right away because she herself is probably feeling upset of having to turn someone down and being involved with all this drama. I'd wait until everyone calms down and then make a move.

3. cherry tree

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I understand why you feel bad about this but you were in a difficult situation and you didn't tell her about his crush on purpose. How long ago did Jordan find out that you accidentally let Erin know about his crush? Maybe he just needs a few days to calm down. It's not nice of him to tell you that he hates you, and you can tell him to stop. I'm just hoping that he will stop on his own and realise that he over-reacted.

PunkRockKitten is absolutely right when she says that you're not stealing anybody from anyone. You can't steal a person. Just because Jordan has had a crush on Erin longer than you have, he doesn't have a right to go out with her or even ask her out more than you do. It's Erin's decision. She told you that she's not interested in Jordan romantically, so he needs to accept that. Of course, he could have found out about this in a way that would have been less hurtful to him, but blaming you is not a solution.

She probably doesn't know that you have feelings for her, so if you suspect that she likes you back, you could just be honest with her and tell her. Maybe not right now, but you don't have to wait months just because she had to turn someone else down.
    Good luck!

4. Samantha44

The only thing is that one, Jordan doesn't know that Erin doesn't like him that way (should I tell him? I really don't want to get involved anymore) and two, all of this happened just two days ago, and he was telling me how much he hates me yesterday. I really don't want to get too much farther into this drama (we're all in the same musical and we have three more performances and have to spend a ton of more time together plus he sits next to me in language arts) any advice how to try to just not make more drama? Also thanks for the replies ^^ very helpful, I really appreciate it

5. PunkRockKitten

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    To avoid more drama you should do your best to be the bigger person. Don't stoop to his level or snap back at him. If he says he hates you tell him that that's very hurtful and if he isn't going to act respectfully to you then you would rather he not talk to you, and say this calmly. If he continues then my best advice is to just ignore him. When people say hurtful things they're looking for a reaction. If you don't give him one then he'll stop eventually. And Erin should probably tell him how she feels. You can't be the one to tell him because he'll think you're just saying that because your mad. If you could, it might help the situation if you ask Erin to tell Jordan that she doesn't like him.