1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mom does not understand

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dano218, Apr 19, 2015.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know i made several threads in past few days or something like but my mind is gonna crazy and a recent conversation with my mom made me go crazy. She does not understand how hard it is to interact with other gay guys and while it can be unsafe living in this small city find guys online is way easier and I just got in a intense conservation with my mom all about how difficult is in the gay community and thinks work differently for us and I don't think she really got the point but I felt so much better after standing my ground. My dad on the other hand understood my thoughts completely and respected it. My mom assumes though I am gonna date guys my own age which is not gonna happen I am open to all ages for a hosts of reasons and my last boyfriend who died was 47 and I am 24 but yet she assumes I am gonna date someone my own age. After all the lectures on how age does not matter to me and all lectures on how going to church does not matter to me and after all lectures on meeting people online she still does not get I am gonna live my life as I wish and in no way will compromise my happiness for anything. She knew what happened the last time she pushed me over the edge and pushed me away and my dad understands me better than than but my mom does not get anything. I left that town l lived to get away from the drama and hostility and that does not get to her and she's exactly why i left. But no matter how many time i kindly explain why I live my life the way I do it does not help her understand anything. I give up and yes I cannot wait to move out of the house again.

#1 dano218, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  2. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  3. nohalos

I'm sorry that you are in a tight situation, and quite frankly, I can't really give you a good enough advice to help you out. I think you should contact the advisors to get the help you need.

Good luck.

4. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its ok I just need to vent to say the least!

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Have you tried talking to a professional counselor who deals with LGBT issues? You can't expect your straight parents to understand everything about gay dating; though, most of the important advice is universal.

6. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah your right. I think that could be a good idea but I don't know if I am interested in that just yet. My dad surprisingly understands it more than my mom. It is just let's say I date a older guy not that I am set on older guys and my mom gives me the same freak out reaction she had when I had my other boyfriend who was 47. That is my problem. She already be prepared for me to date whoever I want and should not expect to date someone my own age. Does she realize how offensive that is to my boyfriend who just died. Does she just assume I changed my ways and never gonna do that again. She just blurted out "oh well your gonna date guys your own age right" without a care in world. I know I am thinking too much into this and I cannot get my parents to understand anything however I think my dad realizes more than my mom that I gonna make my own decisions no matter what. I found a solution if do date another older guy i just might not simply mention his age. It is maybe that simple.

7. emmussey90

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Let me just start by saying sorry for the loss of your boyfriend. As far as dating older guys I say do what makes you happy and don't worry about what your mom thinks. If the guy makes you happy that's all that counts. Hopefully she sees how happy you are and she will forget about the age difference.

8. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks I appreciate that. Exactly. It just annoyed me to some point after a conversation with her last night. It is just all been through and all the emails i sent defending my love and relationship and she says that it really put me off. But I am just going to do as a I please and don't get me wrong it;s not that I won't date someone my own age my heart is open anyone who wants a committed loving relationship and is a adult and that is all that matters.